Moab CB info

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Hey guys, when out in Moab, what channel are most people on for getting help and listening to others who need help?

sats05

I can't speak for everyone, # 4 used to be the off road cb channel back on the day. It may depend on the group too. Hope this helps

Sent from my htc evo using WAYALIFE mobile app

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Hmmm ok. Ill be alone, so I just wanted to be on the most commonly used band. I heard 9 and 19 are most commonly used for distress calls.

13JKUR

Channel 9 is usually the emergency channel and channel 19 is the trucker channel which makes for some interesting conversations to listen too

Indefatigable

If you want HELP...

VHF is your answer.

Specifically amateur and have it hooked to your GPS with APRS.

There are quite a few in Moab (locals and tourists) with this and if you know it, makes it easy to get in touch with them for assistance or just to chat.

Within the last 12 hours, there were 3 different operator pings with APRS in downtown Moab.

http://aprs.fi/#!mt=roadmap&z=11&call=&others=1&timerange=43200&tail=3600

Oh ya, you can also do this from a computer too :)

CB is just too short range to be effective.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Well, Im renting a sat phone (pretty cheap, seems like good insurance) just figured I'd be able to listen to the CB just in case anyone else is in need of some help.

Rule18

We always use channel 16 when wheeling

^^ Yep, channel 16 (that's 4 x 4). That said, I agree with Indefatigable. CB is typically good for 3 - 5 miles (at least in my area), maybe a little more in perfect conditions (lots of variables to account for).

Top Bottom