Nitro axle shafts versus Ten Factory

jeeeep

Hooked
Nitro axle shafts that use the spicer forged 1350 type u-joints, can't find what the Ten Factory use - anyone have experience with either of these?

Last edited:

mn jk jeeper

I have ten factory axles in my jeep now
I belive they are a 1350 u joint
the spicer # that they came with is 5004891
have not checked the size for sure but they are bigger than my stock none replaceable ujoints

jeeeep

Hooked
thanks, guess the D44 Rubi comes with a larger stock larger u-joint - never realized a u-joint would cost so much. Are those full circle clips, they look like they have c clips

mn jk jeeper

the ten factory axles came with both
I installed the c clips cause I didn't have circlip tool to mess around with the full clips
and was impatient and need my jeep back to driving
I spent 3 days trying to find replacement u joints for the stock shafts only to find out they are discontinued
so I spent the money on the ten factory axles

jeeeep

Hooked
good to know, I'm going to sleeve with Nitro sleeves as they allow 35 spline for future upgrade, gusset, synergy bjoints and ten factory
plan to start Friday and hope to finish by Saturday

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
good to know, I'm going to sleeve with Nitro sleeves as they allow 35 spline for future upgrade, gusset, synergy bjoints and ten factory
plan to start Friday and hope to finish by Saturday

Is there a reason why you're so determined to sleeve your axle?

jeeeep

Hooked
I want to run 37's when on the trails, DD will run 35's and I don't have the $$ to go PR44. Also want to take on more challenges and want to reduce the risk of damage where I can

At some point I think I will install ARB but 1st things 1st.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I want to run 37's when on the trails, DD will run 35's and I don't have the $$ to go PR44. Also want to take on more challenges and want to reduce the risk of damage where I can

Can't install ARB locker with certain sleeves.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Funny, i running 37s now and dont run any sleeves. I guess I don't take hard enough challenges.

Napalm90

Funny, i running 37s now and dont run any sleeves. I guess I don't take hard enough challenges.

Lmao, it's because of you that I chose no to get sleeves.... Rubicon trail, Moab... With 37" tires and only gussets....k I don't need sleeves

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked

I thought you are also running Prorock 60's?
hell, if I can lose the sleeves all the better, spend the money on something else

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Lmao, it's because of you that I chose no to get sleeves.... Rubicon trail, Moab... With 37" tires and only gussets....k I don't need sleeves

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Moby has PR 60s. I believe that Rubicat is still on the factory 44s

moby has 60s, rubicat has 44s if i am not mistaken. while it is not damaging i dont believe, sleeving is not totally necessary. eddie is just trying to save you some $

andrew -

As mentioned, Moby has 60's and Rubicat is still running factory Dana 44's with gussets but no sleeves.

As I always like to point out, there are over 2 million JK's out there and I have personally seen 3 axle housing break and heard of only a dozen others over the last 6 years. Housing breaks are very very rare and the exception, not the rule.

Oh, and yes, just trying to save you some money :yup:

You too?

I've got nothing up my sleeves as well.

View attachment 26060

:cheesy:

Top Bottom