2008 Rubicon Unlimited Tranny Squeal Video

rubiconG

Hey guys/girls.

I have a 2008 Rubicon 6 speed manual 64,000 miles, just recently have heard this noise coming from what I believe is inside of the tranny. I am stumped to what it could be so I recorded a short video to describe the sound. It squeals at idle when cold no matter what position the clutch is located. I was thinking a throw out bearing? I honestly have no idea. If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it. I am located in Cape Cod MA if you could recommend a jeep guy who does quality work I would bring it to who ever. Thanks in advance!

IMG_7881.jpg

mtnbiker995

I don't know what that is but damn it sounds nasty...is your clutch slipping at all? Does it feel any different than normal while driving?

rubiconG

I don't know what that is but damn it sounds nasty...is your clutch slipping at all? Does it feel any different than normal while driving?

so far it does not seem any different than normal. I have always had a little chirp sound here and there when shifting but seems completely normal. really annoying sound ! HELP

jeeeep

Hooked
if your clutch feels good and you don't have any issues with shifting, have you checked your belt pullys or belt tensioner?

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Does the noise ever go away ie stepping on the clutch, putting the tranny into gear, driving, coasting, etc? If not, does the squeal "accelerate" as the RPMs climb or does it remain constant?

rubiconG

It goes away after the jeep warms up and your driving only seems to do it at idle when cold. It still makes the noise at idle when you clutch it

Top Bottom