Lift required for 37's

willfelt

Hey guys/girls, I'm changing from a TJ to a JK in the next 6 months and am pricing upgrades now. I'm looking at around a 2010 Unlimited Rubicon and was curious as to what the lift requirement is to fit that size tire. I want to stick with a suspension lift only unless there are other options I don't know about (not a fan of body lifts). I will also be changing to flat fender flares as well. Would like to keep it as low as possible and still fit that size tire. thanks in advance for any info!

Will

BlackKnight

I've been told (mine will be the same route). 37"s need 3.5" with trimmed fenders or as low as 2.5" with trimmed fenders and a 1" body lift.

Your mileage and driving style may vary :) I'm planning 3.5 + 1 inch body as I don't mind the small gap the body lift makes.

JKU EXTREME

With a 4" teraflex lift will fit 37's
Teraflex has great products and awesome customer service, also the lift is undersold if they say 3" it's about 4" and a 4" is around 5"
Good luck

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
You can do it with 2.5" and trimmed fenders/pinch seams. But with enough flex you will hit. 3.5" is perfect for 37's.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Hey guys/girls, I'm changing from a TJ to a JK in the next 6 months and am pricing upgrades now. I'm looking at around a 2010 Unlimited Rubicon and was curious as to what the lift requirement is to fit that size tire. I want to stick with a suspension lift only unless there are other options I don't know about (not a fan of body lifts). I will also be changing to flat fender flares as well. Would like to keep it as low as possible and still fit that size tire. thanks in advance for any info!

Will

3.5" is perfect for 37's.

^^^^^^ what overlander said

JKU EXTREME

I apologize for my previous, incorrect statement, I was under the influence that you would require 3.5" lift for 37"s, in my opinion looks nicer, but is not necessary, you are able to run 37"s with flat fenders on a 2.5"

Sent from JKU EXTREME from his Wayalife iPhone app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I apologize for my previous, incorrect statement, I was under the influence that you would require 3.5" lift for 37"s, in my opinion looks nicer, but is not necessary, you are able to run 37"s with flat fenders on a 2.5"

Sent from JKU EXTREME from his Wayalife iPhone app

You can do it but I wouldn't. 3.5" is about as low as I would go for 37's even with trimmed fenders. That is, unless you don't care about flex. This is what we are running on our 2012 JKU now. With full fenders, 4"+ is what you would need to clear 37's. Trust me, I've done it too.

kimer82

Eddie, arnt you running 4 1/2" lift with 40" nitto?
I am on 6" lift with 40 which seems too much for me so i am downsizing to 4" with coilovers..

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie, arnt you running 4 1/2" lift with 40" nitto?
I am on 6" lift with 40 which seems too much for me so i am downsizing to 4" with coilovers..

On our white 07, yes, about 4.5" of lift running 40x15.50 Nitto Mud Grapplers. I did have to do quite a bit of trimming in the rear to make this work but, I'm happy with the stance.

On our dozer 12, we have about 3.5" of lift running 37x12.50 Trail Grapplers.

desertrunner

im running the RK 3.5" with my 37s and trimmed stock fenders plenty of flex and minimal rubbing and 3.5 is great for off road clearance and flex and or on road is great ride height. if you dont plan on going up to 40s i say 3.5 is perfect :thumb:

kimer82

On our white 07, yes, about 4.5" of lift running 40x15.50 Nitto Mud Grapplers. I did have to do quite a bit of trimming in the rear to make this work but, I'm happy with the stance.

On our dozer 12, we have about 3.5" of lift running 37x12.50 Trail Grapplers.

atm i am thinking of just upgrading front king coilovers with bumpstop and get that EVOLever coilover rear system in few months.
with running 4" lift with 40" tires which bumpstop length would you recommand and 12" king CO would work well with little more flex than average long arm?

not trying to steal thread here but was just curious with smaller lift.

1BAMFR

Im on 37's w/ 3.5" Front and 4.25" In rear

flat flares, trimmed fender wells, bump stops, front shock relocation brackets

37's are huge!

ghostjk

I love my 37in Nitto mud grapplers. I'm running a teraflex 4in short arm lift with 1in coil spacers. I really like the stance and am happy with flex. I'm running stock fenders and trimmed the rear pinch seam. A lot of people told me the 1in spacer would be too much but everyone says its a great stance now that they see it.

jeeeep

Hooked
running 3.5" Clayton with 35's, test fit some 37's , I can see if I trim my fenders and some other trimming they will fit. but I think I'll go ahead and replace the springs with 4" springs to make up for the soon to be added bumpers, winch and rack

Brankz

Cheap and good way. I think go for a teraflex 2.5 lift kit with springs and shock extension with 1.25 inch body lift kit u will get more than 4 inch and u won't fuck up ur drive c..... Or all the crap that u have to replace when u go big like the big dogs..
Please if that set up is bad let me know because I'm saving for that, but I will run 35"

Branks ...
WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Cheap and good way. I think go for a teraflex 2.5 lift kit with springs and shock extension with 1.25 inch body lift kit u will get more than 4 inch and u won't fuck up ur drive c..... Or all the crap that u have to replace when u go big like the big dogs..
Please if that set up is bad let me know because I'm saving for that, but I will run 35"

Branks ...
WAYALIFE mobile app

No need to get a body lift. 35's will fit fine with a budget boost lift.

Top Bottom