About front bumper

tkkim

Finally will do regear next monday at Evo.

I'm thinking to get front bumper too.

So. Evo or poison spyder rockbrawler lite?

Which do you prefer.

Evo - lower winch mount that can help more cooling engine. Looks more narrow than poison spyder. Looks study.

Poison spyder - design looks more modern in my taste..

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Finally will do regear next monday at Evo.

I'm thinking to get front bumper too.

So. Evo or poison spyder rockbrawler lite?

Which do you prefer.

Evo - lower winch mount that can help more cooling engine. Looks more narrow than poison spyder. Looks study.

Poison spyder - design looks more modern in my taste..

my :twocents: is that i like the looks of the EVO better. both seems like a great choice either way.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As you yourself have already stated, the PS bumper has a more stylized look that you like and the EVO bumper is more functional. I guess you just need to decide what's more important to you - looks or function.

you also might want to look at the LoD Signature Series front shorty. It has the "modern look" you like about the PSC and the low winch design of the EVO. Just throwing it out there.

But the EVO is very functional and that alone is worth it. I do like the look of the PSC also, but the high winch location seems to me like your just asking for overheat issues?

Philip *AZ*

Banned
As you yourself have already stated, the PS bumper has a more stylized look that you like and the EVO bumper is more functional. I guess you just need to decide what's more important to you - looks or function.

I was going to post this same answer, but the way I had it worded made me sound like a Richard Noggin.
Everything on your Jeep should be about what you want and should focus on how you plan to use it. At least you got a couple ideas on two really nice bumpers!

Paratroopers Stay Up Longer!

Atch

you also might want to look at the LoD Signature Series front shorty. It has the "modern look" you like about the PSC and the low winch design of the EVO. Just throwing it out there.

But the EVO is very functional and that alone is worth it. I do like the look of the PSC also, but the high winch location seems to me like your just asking for overheat issues?

I agree but I think he might have them narrowed down to the 2 he mentioned because that's what EVO installs/carries.

Mikes Offroad

I like the PSC I installed on my JK, I like the look and I wanted to keep the factory fog lights. She has hit a few rocks and trees and looks just like the day I installed (except the scratches). The EVO bumper is one solid unit also.

Napalm90

I chose psc, quicker to instal like the lights, and with a winch there is still plenty of room for air to go through you will not over heat. The only thing is you got to spend a little extra and get the fairlead mount, tis very durable, also because its no a recessed moun you do not need to relocate the vac pump thing.... EVO is around the same weight, durable, requires minimal cutting. And does not mount factory fogs. So if you want fogs it's extra for buying new lights and extra work to wire it. It's your choice thou.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

StrizzyChris

so there are a few differences as mentioned above. EVO uses slightly beefier components in their bumper. ex they used 1/4" plate steel construction vs PS 3/16" steel. EVO uses 1.75" OD tubing vs PS 1.25" tubing in the stingers. Their tubing is the same thickness at 0.120" but that additional diameter will afford more strength by design. All around EVO is stronger, but doesnt bring any shame to the PS. I do like how the PS shackles are recessed and mounted in line with the stinger.

EVO with trail stinger and shackle tabs finished with powdercoat will cost you 650+any shipping and or tax
PS BFH with trail stinger and shackle tabs BARE-unfinished will cost you 425+any shipping and or tax+finishing cost(I would just matte black spray paint it)+ buying fairlead mount

I have and love my EVO 1/4 pounder. I would go with it again if for nothing more than to allow my radiator to breath better. But if budget is a real issue andd you are not concerned with the air flow as much, the PS is an excellent option. I saw one last week and the quality is great in both products.

Top Bottom