Rear Track Bar Relocation Bracket

Rear Track Bar Relocation Bracket and Control Arms

So I have a 3.5" lift and I am running JKS Adjustable Track Bars Front and Rear. My question is even with the adjustable track bar should i still be running the track bar relocation bracket that came with my lift?

I have the AEV DualSport 3.5 RS lift with the AEV High Steer in the Front (which includes a track bar relocation within the high steer) and Anti Rock Sway Bars F & R

a little side note question... if i wanted to upgrade my control arms, besides having to keep with short arms are adjustable control arms made for specific kits or are they universal fit. and what brand control arms would be recommended?

Example: AEV Lift with Teraflex arms?

All thoughts, opinions and answers are much appreciated.
Thanks,
Steven

Last edited:
I asked a similar question and the ones which came up the most were Currie, EVO and JK'S. The one item to keep in mind are the rod ends and how easily they are to rebuild. I have been told Teraflex ends can only be replaced with Teraflex. How true I am not sure. EVO and Currie all have Johny Joints which are easy to replace I believe the control arms are not lift specific.

Just my thoughts.

Thank you for your service.

I asked a similar question and the ones which came up the most were Currie, EVO and JK'S. The one item to keep in mind are the rod ends and how easily they are to rebuild. I have been told Teraflex ends can only be replaced with Teraflex. How true I am not sure. EVO and Currie all have Johny Joints which are easy to replace I believe the control arms are not lift specific.

Just my thoughts.

Thank you for your service.

Thank you for your input. teraflex was just an example i really want to go with either currie or metal cloak arms. i want to figure out this track bar setup and then i will buy the arms.

your welcome and thank you for supporting our troops:thumb:

Last edited:

Unlimited

If you have highsteer I would definitely put it on. Your track bar needs to run parallel with the drag link. Honestly a rear trackbar braket in the rear hells too. Mine has a 3.5 Clayton and would jump into the other lane if you got a good dip in the road.

Highsteer, and lev trackbar brakets will make it drive like a stock jeep again!

:beer:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1366804511.466866.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1366804544.716749.jpg

07 JKU

kaptkrappy

So I have a 3.5" lift and I am running JKS Adjustable Track Bars Front and Rear. My question is even with the adjustable track bar should i still be running the track bar relocation bracket that came with my lift?

I have the AEV DualSport 3.5 RS lift with the AEV High Steer in the Front (which includes a track bar relocation within the high steer) and Anti Rock Sway Bars F & R

All thoughts, opinions and answers are much appreciated.
Thanks,
Steven

Yes is the answer.

The high steer kit relocates (raises) the axle side track bar and the knuckle side drag link and keeps them parrallel which is a must.

Another benifit of the AEV front TB relocation bracket is it also raises the steering stabilizer up out of the way.

You can use the front stock OE track bar or use an adjustable TB, but it will just be adjusted to the factory length.

AEV Front ReLo Brackets.JPG

The same goes for the rear TB. Use the AEV axle bracket and whatever TB you want.

Last edited:

rtguy1

i believe he is asking about the rear trackbar bracket, not the front. i would rec using the trackbar bracket...it was designed for your kit and can only help. measure the aev trackbar that came with the kit eye to eye since it is desinged to run with the rear trackbar bracket at your ride height. you need to be sure that your new adjustable trackbar can adjust to the length of the aev rear bar. if it can be adjusted correctly there should be no issue running it with the rear relocation bracket. i think the aev bar is the same length as stock, and just has a little bit different bend to it. if this is the jks part number you have, it works with 0-6" of lift so you will be fine. OGS159

http://jksmfg.com/i-8938535-adjustable-rear-trackbar-2007-2012-wrangler-jk.html

control arms vary in design a bit. i would go with currie arms since they use johnny joints on both ends and you wheel and flex alot it seems. evo only makes front lowers i believe and rec currie for the rest if needed. just buy the whole set from currie

Part #: CE-9807CA
Our Price:$1,239.95

http://www.currieenterprises.com/cestore/product.aspx?id=3473

good luck! :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Depends. In addition to correcting geometry, track bar relocation bracket will do a good job of re-centering your axle as well. Most aftermarket adjustable track bars tend to be longer than stock at it's shortest length setting and by installing both on a mild lift like you have, you'll most likely find that your axle is over corrected and off center in the other direction.

FWIW, I just run relocation brackets with factory track bars.

a little side note question... if i wanted to upgrade my control arms, besides having to keep with short arms are adjustable control arms made for specific kits or are they universal fit. and what brand control arms would be recommended?

Example: AEV Lift with Teraflex arms?

You can use any brand of short arm on your Jeep. If you do upgrade to adjustable arms, I would highly recommend that you ditch your AEV drop brackets up front. As far as brands go, I personally would recommend EVO or Currie arms as they are built exceptionally well and have proven Johnny Joints on both ends of the link. Full-Traction arms are nice too as they have clevite bushings at the frame end which will provide a softer and squeak free ride. I personally would stay away from anything that uses polyurethane bushings as they will squeak to no end and will require a lot of greasing.

The high steer is on my JK front. I wanted to know only about the Rear Track bar relocation bracket. And I am not running the AEV control arm drop brackets, worthless since I want to buy arms

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The high steer is on my JK front. I wanted to know only about the Rear Track bar relocation bracket. And I am not running the AEV control arm drop brackets, worthless since I want to buy arm

Yup, I got that. Again, most aftermarket adjustable track bars tend to be longer than stock at it's shortest length setting and by installing both a track bar relocation bracket AND an adjustable track bar on a mild lift like you have, you'll most likely find that your axle is over corrected and will be off center in the other direction.

Yup, I got that. Again, most aftermarket adjustable track bars tend to be longer than stock at it's shortest length setting and by installing both a track bar relocation bracket AND an adjustable track bar on a mild lift like you have, you'll most likely find that your axle is over corrected and will be off center in the other direction.

Ok well I still have the AEV Track Bar that came with my lift. I will measure the 2 track bars and see what I come up with I am going to install the bracket tomorrow or Friday. The bracket is massive. Am I going to benefit a lot from doing all this?? In the description on jks' website they state I can run this track bar with 0-6" of lift. Now would it benefit me to get the jks brace and ditch the aev one?
Btw thanks for your help. Your input means a lot to me

1 Requires 0 to 6.0 in. suspension lift.
2 Rear Trackbar Brace [JKS PN: OGS169] is strongly recommended to reinforce weak factory mount on axle.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
In my opinion, no, you won't see much of a difference by installing this in the rear. Not a terrible thing to do but, not really necessary at your height.

In my opinion, no, you won't see much of a difference by installing this in the rear. Not a terrible thing to do but, not really necessary at your height.

ok i ask all this because i am getting an alignment on monday and they are going to make sure my axles are center which i know they are off a little because of all the new suspension work and high steer kit... so i wanted to be clear on this before it goes in. also with the control arms at my height is it necessary for me to buy all 8 or can i just get the necessary arms to correct my caster? i know by lifting my jeep my wheelbase shortened and with adjustable control arms i can correct that but in doing that will i need longer drive lines? Im looking at currie arms or metal cloak arms as a kit but EVO has just front lowers, is that all i need?

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
ok i ask all this because i am getting an alignment on Monday and they are going to make sure my axles are center which i know they are off a little because of all the new suspension work and high steer kit... so i wanted to be clear on this before it goes in.

Are you paying to have some kind of 4-wheel alignment? Because if so, it totally isn't necessary. Also, there really isn't much for an alignment shop to do other than take your money. Due to the steering design on the JK, your toe will not be off after installing a lift. Being that you have solid axles, there is no adjustment that can be made to your camber. Unless you have adjustable control arms, no adjustment can be made to your caster. About all an alignment shop can do is recenter your steering wheel and recenter your front axle. And, if you really think about it, your axle will be off center anytime you add or remove weight from your Jeep. It's just the way solid axle vehicles work. What I'm trying to say is that maybe you should save some money and make whatever adjustments you think you need yourself. This write-up will help you out :yup:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3861-Basic-Do-it-Yourself-Jeep-JK-Wrangler-Front-End-Alignment

also with the control arms at my height is it necessary for me to buy all 8 or can i just get the necessary arms to correct my caster? i know by lifting my jeep my wheelbase shortened and with adjustable control arms i can correct that but in doing that will i need longer drive lines?

No, it isn't necessary. You only need front lower arms IF you feel the need for more caster. If not, you don't need them at all. IF you get a new rear drive shaft, you will need a set of adjustable rear upper arms to set your pinion angle but, that's about it. You will NOT need longer drive lines. As your axle drops, your drive shafts actually compress.

Are you paying to have some kind of 4-wheel alignment? Because if so, it totally isn't necessary. Also, there really isn't much for an alignment shop to do other than take your money. Due to the steering design on the JK, your toe will not be off after installing a lift. Being that you have solid axles, there is no adjustment that can be made to your camber. Unless you have adjustable control arms, no adjustment can be made to your caster. About all an alignment shop can do is recenter your steering wheel and recenter your front axle. And, if you really think about it, your axle will be off center anytime you add or remove weight from your Jeep. It's just the way solid axle vehicles work. What I'm trying to say is that maybe you should save some money and make whatever adjustments you think you need yourself. This write-up will help you out :yup:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3861-Basic-Do-it-Yourself-Jeep-JK-Wrangler-Front-End-Alignment

No, it isn't necessary. You only need front lower arms IF you feel the need for more caster. If not, you don't need them at all. IF you get a new rear drive shaft, you will need a set of adjustable rear upper arms to set your pinion angle but, that's about it. You will NOT need longer drive lines. As your axle drops, your drive shafts actually compress.

That write up is amazing! I new about the steering wheel alignment but i didn't know it was that easy to center the front axle. This is why I like your advice it is always spot on! Now i can save myself $200 at 4 Wheel Parts and spend it on some EVO Rock Skins instead. Thank you so much :thumb:. Just to be clear though to center my rear axle would be the same except no steering wheel... would a ratchet strap from the frame to axle to compensate for no steering wheel work?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That write up is amazing! I new about the steering wheel alignment but i didn't know it was that easy to center the front axle. This is why I like your advice it is always spot on! Now i can save myself $200 at 4 Wheel Parts and spend it on some EVO Rock Skins instead. Thank you so much :thumb:. Just to be clear though to center my rear axle would be the same except no steering wheel... would a ratchet strap from the frame to axle to compensate for no steering wheel work?

You don't even need a ratchet strap. All you need is to have someone push on the rear corner of your jeep. Without a track bar on, it'll move side to side with relative ease and you'll have no problems getting your track bar on :yup:

You don't even need a ratchet strap. All you need is to have someone push on the rear corner of your jeep. Without a track bar on, it'll move side to side with relative ease and you'll have no problems getting your track bar on :yup:

Wow thats too easy!! I can't believe I was gonna pay some knuckle head at 4 Wheel Parts:puke: to perform such an easy task. I am going to do this first thing tomorrow. ^^^What I think of 4 Wheel Parts. But out by me they are the only 4x4 shop besides Gen-Right which have always treated me like crap because i dont have Rock Jock 60's and coil overs and a V8 so....

Last edited:
Top Bottom