Best 3 inch lift kit-2013 jk

Hpaulett

Just wanting to get people's different opinions on a good but not too costly 3 inch lift kit for a JKU sport

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looking not to go over 1500 or so

Would that be including wheels and tires or just the lift kit? If it's the later, I personally would recommend that you look into an EVO Enforcer kit, with drag link flip but but run it with Rancho 7000MT shocks or maybe even with Bilstein 5100's. That'll get you in around your budget.

TexasJC

Just personal preference, and mostly road use so far, I've been happy with the 3.5 rubicon express standard kit. Pretty nice ride, and a decent price for just a standard kit

Philip *AZ*

Banned
Here is a couple more options by Rock Krawler. Either of these kits would be awesome. Then get a set of Bilstein 5100's or your favorite shock. I am running the 3.5" Mid Arm. Great kit! These two are at Northridge4x4.com.
Northridge offers tons of kits, quite a few EVO options as well.

Paratroopers Stay Up Longer!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Another thing you should take into consideration is, what kind of wheeling do you do? Will you be using your Jeep more on road or off? Do you prefer a soft or firm ride? Do you mind greasing your joints on a regular basis to keep them quiet?

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Definitely EVO enforcer. You can pair them with Rancho Shocks as Way of Life mentioned. I am doing just that. If you are looking to spend less you can always go with the Rancho 3" lift but you won't get the adjustable control arms with Johnny joints. Which is why I'm choosing the EVO enforcer. Just my opinion.

Brankz

Just personal preference, and mostly road use so far, I've been happy with the 3.5 rubicon express standard kit. Pretty nice ride, and a decent price for just a standard kit

How is the rubicon express springs? Are they better then tf?

Branks ...
WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
How is the rubicon express springs? Are they better then tf?

Branks ...
WAYALIFE mobile app

They are softer than TF. What I don't like about the RE kit is that their basic kit doesn't come with control arms and their upgraded kit comes with fixed length lower arms. For that kind of money, I personally would prefer adjustable arms but, that's just me.

Philip *AZ*

Banned
I love my lift. Great on/off road ride. Pretty good flex when I need it. Doesnt sit too tall or too low. The RK springs are a little stiff on sudden bumps, but not bad. Overall, Im happy I went with this lift. Its Medium to low maintenance. You will probably need a front drive shaft. I just did both so I didnt have to worry about it.

Philip *AZ*

Banned
I was lookin at those pics of the lifts, Im running the Max Travel lift. It came with 8 control arms instead of just the 4. I imagine you would be fine with just the 4 though. The lower two are to help recenter the axle if I remember from other posts.

Skirmish

I ran the Rancho Trail 3", great lift for the price but squeaky. I have since swapped to Synergy and love it. Great quality, great customer service. You can start cheap and build the suspension as you go. I'm running a 3" with all adjustable CA's, draglink flip and braces for everything. Solid rig and a great ride.

xflstl

Just wanting to get people's different opinions on a good but not too costly 3 inch lift kit for a JKU sport

If you want cheap just order some spring's with either a 2 or 3" rating over what you got, same with shocks.. And a 1" body lift to it if you want, get the cheap little brake line relocation brackets, and a set of 3 to 5" quick disco front swaybar links, and move your old front swaybar links to the rear. Use the rest of the money you were going to spend on an higher dollar lift for tires or other upgrades... Just did this exact thing to my GF's 2011 JKU, and threw on some 35" MTR's and still drives exactly like stock.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you want cheap just order some spring's with either a 2 or 3" rating over what you got, same with shocks.. And a 1" body lift to it if you want, get the cheap little brake line relocation brackets, and a set of 3 to 5" quick disco front swaybar links, and move your old front swaybar links to the rear. Use the rest of the money you were going to spend on an higher dollar lift for tires or other upgrades... Just did this exact thing to my GF's 2011 JKU, and threw on some 35" MTR's and still drives exactly like stock.

While I would be the first to say that "best" is 100% subjective, I'm pretty sure that the OP was asking for opinions on that and not "cheap". Doing this will work but, for his budge and what he's wanting, I personally wouldn't recommend going this route.

Regarding MTR's, I love the way they look and so wanted to love the sit I had but try as I had, they ended up being the worst set of tires I have ever run and wouldn't recommend them to anyone. They are tough to balance, had poor road manners, unpredictable on the rocks and have very weak sidewalls compared to something like a Nitto Trail Grappler or Toyo MT.

I have installed and tested a myriad of lifts on my JK's and would still stand by my original suggestion, an EVO Enforcer kit. By far one of the most comfortable rides you can get bar none.

Well to use the word "BEST" may not be fair, but I will say this, my ENFORCER lift is/was worth every penny!!! and I am 100% sure that everyone who has it will say the exact same thing. So while it may be on the top of your budget, you will only have to buy it ONCE!!!

You can easily run the Enforcer with the Bilsteins or Rancho shocks and work your way up to a KING or FOX res. shock. While I do love my 2.5s, they are pricey and make the total cost of said lift a tad bit more....

Top Bottom