Power steering

kimer82

So in short ATM I am running 40" mud grapplers d60 font with arb air lockers..
My stock power steering feels like its giving out on right turns when lockers are not even engaged and when they are on, there is no way I can turn my wheels..

I would like to know if anyone else is using a decent aftermarket power steering kit that can turn those big tires??

xflstl

So in short ATM I am running 40" mud grapplers d60 font with arb air lockers..
My stock power steering feels like its giving out on right turns when lockers are not even engaged and when they are on, there is no way I can turn my wheels..

I would like to know if anyone else is using a decent aftermarket power steering kit that can turn those big tires??

PSC Hydro assist............

kimer82

I was looking at those but which kits would you recommend that are running 40's ?
There are few different kits but would like to know if I can get away with replacing just a pump or whole works and spend $1700

xflstl

I don't have a ton of exp with them, but I think most go with the entire kit. I know that's what I did. I have seen a few running 37's that only did the pump, and wish they had done the entire setup. You should be able to get the cost down some by returning your steering pump core. That should get the cost down into the 1200-1400 range depending on who you order it thru.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, you'll want something like a PSC ram assist. You need more than just a new pump and steering box, you'll need a bigger reservoir to push more volume. It's what we run on our white JK pushing 40x15.50 Mud Grapplers on ProRock 60's.

Top Bottom