Tires and lift question

JKU EXTREME

I am looking to order a set of the General (Red Letter) Grabbers along with a teraflex 2.5" coil lift.
I am wondering if anyone out there has ran either the lift, tires or both, if you liked the feel or not, how was the wear and tear, breakage, just general things that I will need to be on the look out for any feedback is appreciated
Thanks JKU EXTREME

Sent from JKU EXTREME from his Wayalife iPhone app

bob-o12jk

Banned
I have ran the tf lift but not the tires. The tf kit is pretty good for the money, I got the kit with shock extensions cuz I have a rubi. It was ok for a while but the front coils sagged over time....maybe a couple of months. I recently swapped out the front springs for rk springs and wow what a difference. The rk springs are progressive rate and much smoother than tf springs. The rk springs also are taller and don't sag from the weight of a heavy bumper or winch.

What kind of wheeling do u plan on doing, rocks, sand, mud, fire roads or cruising to the mall lol

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As a whole, I consider TF to have some of the firmest coils you can get and ones that yield taller lifts than what is advertised. Their 2.5" lift yields over 3", their 3" lifts over 4", etc. Any sagging you would see in the first couple of months is something I would chalk up as "settling" and is something to be expected. Of course, it is important to install the proper length bump stop extensions and failure to do so can result in over compressed coils.

How big of a tire are you hoping to run? As far as Generals go, I have no experience with them.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I am looking to order a set of the General (Red Letter) Grabbers along with a teraflex 2.5" coil lift.
I am wondering if anyone out there has ran either the lift, tires or both, if you liked the feel or not, how was the wear and tear, breakage, just general things that I will need to be on the look out for any feedback is appreciated
Thanks JKU EXTREME

An reason in particular you are looking into the Grabbers? As far as price I would say they are comparable to the Nitto TG and MG, and I have experience as do most of us with these. I would highly recommend looking at Nittos or Toyos unless you have your heart see on the General Grabbers.

JKU EXTREME

I plan on doing mostly mud and sand because of where I live, no rocks, I'm planning on 315/75R16's and I like the grabbers because on tirerack.com they're $1370 for five with shipping included, I've never really seen them and I was looking for something different.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I plan on doing mostly mud and sand because of where I live, no rocks, I'm planning on 315/75R16's and I like the grabbers because on tirerack.com they're $1370 for five with shipping included, I've never really seen them and I was looking for something different.

They do pretty well in the sand and that is there main use. I don't know how well they will clear mud though.

JKU EXTREME

Ya that's what I heard, I read on a few forums that these tires are good in sand and okay in mud but quiet on the road for an offroad/all terrain tire

Top Bottom