Mirror Laws

Briguy114

Anybody happen to know the mirror laws in Alabama? I'm moving to Auburn at the end of May and want to know if I need to keep my mirrors for doors-off driving or if I can sell them

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Anybody happen to know the mirror laws in Alabama? I'm moving to Auburn at the end of May and want to know if I need to keep my mirrors for doors-off driving or if I can sell them

just get relocation brackets or make them. at least 2 mirrors are required in all states

phillypete

I've driven mirrorless once or twice just becuase I forgot to install my doors-off mirrors and it was very unnerving. It seems really unsafe to purposely do that whether its the law or not.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Yes i believe two mirrors are required. Most people use the rearview and then one side view on the drivers side.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Yes i believe two mirrors are required. Most people use the rearview and then one side view on the drivers side.

^^^ This. driver side is the most helpful with blind spot location. this is the set up i had on mine for about 6 months till i got a new mirror.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Not 2 side mirrors. California only requires a drivers side, side mirror.

well what i ment is 2 mirrors total. just pick your combo of which two you like. windshield and driver, driver and pass, pass and windshield. windshield and driver is prob the second safest one to having all 3

Rivertoys

well what i ment is 2 mirrors total. just pick your combo of which two you like. windshield and driver, driver and pass, pass and windshield. windshield and driver is prob the second safest one to having all 3

Yeah, I just wasn't sure if that is what you meant. California law does specify a left side mirror though. No right side mirror is required (assuming you have a standard center mirror). I personally never run a passenger side mirror when doors are off.

V C Section 26709 Mirrors
Every motor vehicle subject to registration in this state, except a motorcycle, shall be equipped with not less than two such mirrors, including one affixed to the left-hand side.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc26709.htm

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Yeah, I just wasn't sure if that is what you meant. California law does specify a left side mirror though. No right side mirror is required (assuming you have a standard center mirror). I personally never run a passenger side mirror when doors are off.

V C Section 26709 Mirrors
Every motor vehicle subject to registration in this state, except a motorcycle, shall be equipped with not less than two such mirrors, including one affixed to the left-hand side.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc26709.htm

ahh ok well that answers my every state requires 2 mirrors statement from before. im in PA and its the same way. my stepdad is a cheif of police so he keeps me in line with the requirements lol

Briguy114

So if I am reading correctly the Alabama law says one mirror which shows 200 ft behind the vehicle. Seems to me like the rearview is all that you need

gouacats

So if I am reading correctly the Alabama law says one mirror which shows 200 ft behind the vehicle. Seems to me like the rearview is all that you need

I'm pretty sure that is how AZ is as well. You only need the 2nd mirror I you can't see out the back using the rear view mirror.

Skirmish

NV law reads the same. One mirror with 200 ft vis. You can run just the windshield mirror if you can see past your spare. I go nuts if I don't have side mirrors though. Like to know what's going on around me.

Top Bottom