Plasti dip

BlackKnight

I'd think starting off with strong soap and water to get any bug/road tar off, then on to some de-natured alcohol. And a desicion, it you want it permanant or peelable. Perm, start with some scruf pads (green or red) and then shoot it after. peelable just shoot it after cleaning. It's the big benifit of Plastidip, being able to peel it to either re-apply, or remove if you (or if selling) don't want it any more...

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
i plasti dipped my grill not to long ago. used bag and tar remover first then i used there "pre=dip" soulution that they have (smelled like ammonia) they sprayed 5 coats on it. let me hop on my phone here in a min and i will post a pic or two for you

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
They say clean the surface really well first then light coats. When I did my wheels I took them off and sprayed on one heavy coat. I didn't clean them and they held up fine and looked fine as well. Just be careful if you go with a heavy coat not to go too heavy or you will have the runs.

billybob990

Thanks for the info guys. I won't be able to do it today, I have to put a crankshaft pulley on a mustang. Will post pics when I get to it.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thanks for the info guys. I won't be able to do it today, I have to put a crankshaft pulley on a mustang. Will post pics when I get to it.

takes some time to do. 30 min wait inbetween coats then you have to let it set up for at least 4 hours out of direct sunlight. thats why i took mine off when i did it. i just let it sit overnight in my basement

Brankz

would look matte black on your grill unless you pick some other color.

Lol yea I know but like the combination of red and mad black looks cool so as yellow but how about glossy black with mad black?

Branks ...
WAYALIFE mobile app

billybob990

I'm going to pull mine off as well, the jk doesn't have the headlight rings in it does it? Mines a tj and was wondering how I would do it with the rings

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I'm going to pull mine off as well, the jk doesn't have the headlight rings in it does it? Mines a tj and was wondering how I would do it with the rings

just spray the rings (my :twocents:) unless you like that chrome finish around the light. and no light rings on the jk

Toxic

20130402_133622.jpg

I grabbed 3 cans, cleaned it up real good and did 4 coats to get the finish they way I liked it. I've taken it to the car wash a few times since and never a problem when using the gun with pressure on it. Also if you decide you don't like it just, start peeling it off and you're good to go.

Top Bottom