Apollo Build thread

desertrunner

Bought my JK about a year ago and man has it grown up thought i would finally make a build thread :thumb:

I bought a used 08 JKU Rubicon it had about 50k miles on it when i bought it but it was still stock so i got to build it exactly how i wanted :rock:

Here's the list of everything i have on it but as every jeeper knows its always a work in progress :D

Rock Krawler 3.5" X-factor mid arm lift
Bilstien shocks and steering stabilizer
BFG KM2s 37x12.5R17
Procomp 17x9 steel wheels
Poison Spyder rock brawler light front bumper (now replaced with Poison Spyder BFH w/trail stinger)
Poison Spyder body armor
Poison Spyder bombshell diff covers
AEV rear diff slider
Warn VR8000 winch
EVO D44 front sleeves and C gussets
EVO full ProTek skid system
Coast 1310 front drive shaft
Custom home made CAI (ended up hydrolocking my engine so i put an airaid one in after the new engine got installed)
Rigid Industries LEDs
Dynomax cat back
LOD rear bumper + tire carrier
jerry can mounted
high lift mounted
Chopped stock fenders
Plasti dip grill
Uniden CB radio

before pictures
DSC_0004.jpg DSC_0006.jpg DSC_0008.jpg

Last edited:

desertrunner

it was just me with some borrowed tools in my garage at home so a big shout out goes to Eddie for the awesome write ups i couldnt have done it without him

stage 1 front bumper
DSC_0018.jpg DSC_0026.jpg DSC_0030.jpg

stage 2 the lift
DSC_0033.jpg DSC_0035.jpg DSC_0381.jpg DSC_0383.jpg DSC_0387.jpg DSC_0397.jpg DSC_0398.jpg

desertrunner

i was not a fan or drilling into my sheet metal but i would say the body armor mixed with the stock rubi rails looks pretty good!

DSC_0429.jpg DSC_0436.jpg

desertrunner

after doing a little damage assessment when i got back to CO and did some good wheeling i realized it was time to get some skids to protect the belly
IMAG0243.jpg IMAG0245.jpg

went with all the skids that are listed on the first post and you can see the new cat back in there too much better than the stock exhaust sound

IMAG0287.jpg IMAG0289.jpg IMAG0290.jpg IMAG0291.jpg

EVO C gussets in place
IMAG0465.jpg

Last edited:

desertrunner

got the CB, Jerry can, and HiLift mounted
also did my rear fender chop which went MUCH quicker with an angle grinder this time!
and gave my grill a good 4 coats of plasti dip

IMAG1081.jpg IMAG1088.jpg IMAG1167.jpg IMAG1174.jpg IMAG1179.jpg

desertrunner

Next in my future is replacing my front shafts with some Ten Factory Chromolys. hopefully ill get those in here in the next few weeks and my build is done.... for now :cheesy:

Napalm90

Looks real good, has the flex with the 3.5 and 37s?cause that's what I am looking into doing for my jeep

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

Looks real good, has the flex with the 3.5 and 37s?cause that's what I am looking into doing for my jeep

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

the flex is great i have had no complaints but i will say trimming the fenders is a MUST but now that i did the front and rear and bent back the pinch seam by the rear bumper back a little i have no rubbing issues :thumb:

IMAG0127 - Copy.jpg

rtguy1

Great job! I love the look of your rig. The lift is a nice kit too. Tons of flex going on there. I like how narrow you trimmed the front flares. May make adjustments to my old cuts:thumb:

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug
I believe I've seen you around town. Looks good. You'll really appreciate that N'th Degree rear diff skid. You should see what mine looks like :eek:. We'll have to go hit the trails soon. The next run I am going on is Medano Pass down the the Great Sand Dunes. Like to see you along on that one. I'll be bring up the tail to make sure everyone makes it. Lunch is provided. Just say'n.

https://www.facebook.com/events/583100095037501/

desertrunner

Great job! I love the look of your rig. The lift is a nice kit too. Tons of flex going on there. I like how narrow you trimmed the front flares. May make adjustments to my old cuts:thumb:

oh yes i have nothing but good things to say about the RK lift it has done awesome in all the trails i have run in CA last summer, Moab over spring break, and up here in CO where i live now.
Personally i love the short chop but i have gotten mixed responses on who likes it and who doesnt but i think it looks real mean with the stubby bumper and the meaty tires exposed

I believe I've seen you around town. Looks good. You'll really appreciate that N'th Degree rear diff skid. You should see what mine looks like :eek:. We'll have to go hit the trails soon. The next run I am going on is Medano Pass down the the Great Sand Dunes. Like to see you along on that one. I'll be bring up the tail to make sure everyone makes it. Lunch is provided. Just say'n.

https://www.facebook.com/events/583100095037501/

I am pretty sure i have seen you around town too a good looking jeep definitely catches my eye :thumb: and oh yeah it has already payed for itself it took some really hard hits in Moab and has some nice gouges in it.
unfortunately i already have plans for next weekend but we will for sure have to hit up some trails now that it looks like winter is finally over :cheesy:

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug
I am pretty sure i have seen you around town too a good looking jeep definitely catches my eye :thumb: and oh yeah it has already payed for itself it took some really hard hits in Moab and has some nice gouges in it.
unfortunately i already have plans for next weekend but we will for sure have to hit up some trails now that it looks like winter is finally over :cheesy:

You obviously haven't looked at the weather.... Mid 70's tomorrow and Snow Wednesday.

Top Bottom