Doors Off! They're effing stuck!

simonjk

Caught the Bug
Are the nuts removed from the bottom of the hindges? (Not to sound like a smartass) if so, try some wd40?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

BeachCrawler

I'm assuming you took the t50 torx bit out of them. Open them WIDE, then lift. Don't know what else to tell ya.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jk4x4wrangler

How the heck do you get these damn doors off?!?!

- aaron

Sent from the WAYALIFE app
Well, assuming you took the T50 bolt out first, it is located on the underside of the hinge, unplug the wire harness on the inside and then un hook the nylon latch from the hook en on the inside. From here I roll down the windows then lift STRAIGHT UP. You may need a little WD 40 in the hinges. Good luck, hope this helps :thumb::beer:

gtony12

Caught the Bug
If none of this works use a floor jack under door with a 2x4 so it doesnt hurt paint and jack up that's what I had to do worked great hope this helps

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

nacho

just took mine off for the first time this season, had to soak them with wd40 and work them back and forth while lifting to get them to budge.

Topper

Yeah the first time is kinda hard but give it a lift put your back into it and it will pop off. I had a hard time my first time but I got it =)

Jaydoc1

Awww, come on guys, it's so simple maybe you need a refresher course. Heyya! It's all ball bearings nowadays. Now you prepare those stuck doors with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads, and you're gonna need 'bout ten quarts of anti-freeze, preferably Prestone. No, no make that Quaker State.

Awww, come on guys, it's so simple maybe you need a refresher course. Heyya! It's all ball bearings nowadays. Now you prepare those stuck doors with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads, and you're gonna need 'bout ten quarts of anti-freeze, preferably Prestone. No, no make that Quaker State.

that is good shit right there... ball bearings....:D

cock-tos-en...

andrew -

Tachyon

I've had this issue on my 2012 as well...they corroded over the winter. I loosened the bolts about 1/8", had someone lift on the door (windows down), then rapped on the bolt with a hammer. Don't miss or you'll cry when you put a dent in your door...

RodCyn

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy: FLETCH....

mn jk jeeper

took mine off for the first time since I bought it in oct
they were very corroded
I used some pb blaster and worked them back and forth while lifting up with the windows down
got them all off and been cruzing around door and topless all weekend
I love the looks you get from other people who don't realize the doors come off lol

Skirmish

One more thing, you need to be at least 90 degrees out with the door to clear everything. Be very careful not to let it go too far though or you will join the dented cowl club.

Top Bottom