Anyone running a Banks Monster Exhaust?

SDG

Caught the Bug
Just curious if anyone is running one of these, and what their thoughts were?

I currently have a dynomax evolution and cant stand it. It vibrates the entire jeep to the point that at ~2300 rpm change in the tray starts to rattle. Also sounds too rice rocket-ish for my liking. I think my girlfriends comment pretty well summed it up the first time I took her for a ride after putting it in (didnt tell her and wanted to see if she would notice) and I believe her comment was something along the lines of... "so why did you turn the jeep into a honda?". Personal preference, but even if it didn't vibrate I would not be keeping it.

Brankz

I have the dynomax dual turbo one and I love it sounds bad ass.
No way is a ricer sound.
Oh yea I'm running with no resonator

Branks ...
WAYALIFE mobile app

Showroom

Glad I read this. I was about to go pick up the dynomax evolution setup but since its my wife's dd maybe ill pass

SDG

Caught the Bug
Glad I read this. I was about to go pick up the dynomax evolution setup but since its my wife's dd maybe ill pass

They have a 90 day return policy so you can always hook it up and keep it on for a while and make sure you both like it. I am not sure about what the deal is with the vibration though. Eddie has the same one on the same model and had no vibration at all. But it is definitely loud. I like the sound at idle, as well as when you really get into the gas pedal, but when I am just tooling around on the freeway the hum is a little annoying.

I have a JBA exhaust on my truck, and was used to loud, I think its just the midrange tone on this thing I dont really like.

StrizzyChris

my evolution exhaust has no rattles at all. I didnt like the sound when I first installed it, but I am starting to like it. I will agree that is is definitely not for everyone!

T-Jay

It's apples and oranges but I've got the Banks cat back on my TJ and it sounds amazing. And doesn't rattle much if at all.

SDG

Caught the Bug
Took off the evolution exhaust last night and got the banks put on.

Had to cut the stock resonator, luckily I had saved it in case I did not like the evolution. Took about 5 seconds to cut it, put a quick file to it to get the burrs off and then reinstalled it.

Only took about 45 min to get the whole thing on, lined up and torqued down.

I must say its day and night difference. Only down side is that I can now hear the bearing which is going on on the water pump! HAHAHA

Its super quiet on the freeway, and the only time I even know its there is when I really get into the pedal. So far I am quite pleased with it.

The vibration is now totally gone, and the muffler sits up nice and high where I doubt there is too much danger of smacking it on any rocks. I will take some pics tomorrow if I get a chance.

Lil Nasty

I bought my jeep with the banks monster exhaust and intake already on it. I can barely hear the exhaust over the intake. It sounds like a quality system. I just miss my Corsa on my LS v8. That's a good sound.

Bacon

I bought my jeep with the banks monster exhaust and intake already on it. I can barely hear the exhaust over the intake. It sounds like a quality system. I just miss my Corsa on my LS v8. That's a good sound.

amen brother. Corsa on a LS is one sweet sweet sound.

SDG

Caught the Bug
Took a few pics this afternoon.

looking from down under
banks5.jpg

Decided to skip installing the tip
banks4.jpg

As far as clearance, it sits about 1" higher than the reciever
banks3.jpg

Top Bottom