Lift question for 2 door

gtony12

Caught the Bug
I have a 2012 jk. I have installed Rubi coil spring and shocks. I got alittle over 1.25" lift from them. I was thinking of adding a teraflex leveling kit witch says it uses 2" spacer in front and 1" spacer in rear. realistically how must lift do I get from kit? Can I assume sence I got 1.25" from coil + 2" from spacer kit it would = to approximately give or take 3"? I am going to 35" tires and trimming fenders. Please give me your thoughts on this. Or do I just save. The money and buy 3" lift?

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

Philip *AZ*

Banned
A good choice would be a 2.5" Budget Boost. Thats generally the biggest answer you will get. If you look at some other posts, there is some great info about these lifts. Many people run them.

Paratroopers Stay Up Longer!

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug
A good choice would be a 2.5" Budget Boost. Thats generally the biggest answer you will get. If you look at some other posts, there is some great info about these lifts. Many people run them.

Paratroopers Stay Up Longer!

Ditto to what Philip *AZ* said. Keep the Rubicon springs and add the budget lift. You should be able to clear 35" without any problem.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Ok cool, thank you for the info. Need to start ordering

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
2013 Sport, stock springs. First pic is on stock suspension, nothing done but installing new wheels and tires. Second pic is with TF leveling kit. Took hardly any time to install, very easy mod. Tires are 285x70R17.

IMG_0045.jpg
IMG_0323.jpg

RockyJk

I have a 2012 jk. I have installed Rubi coil spring and shocks. I got alittle over 1.25" lift from them. I was thinking of adding a teraflex leveling kit witch says it uses 2" spacer in front and 1" spacer in rear. realistically how must lift do I get from kit? Can I assume sence I got 1.25" from coil + 2" from spacer kit it would = to approximately give or take 3"? I am going to 35" tires and trimming fenders. Please give me your thoughts on this. Or do I just save. The money and buy 3" lift?

I'm running the 18/59 springs with a 2 inch spacer up front and the back of the jeep is about an inch lower

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Jeep looks great, How much lift did you get with level kit

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
The leveling kit and the coils you have will be fine. You will not get extra lift out of the spacers like you do with the coils. Daystar also sells a leveling kit that is right around $100.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Jeep looks great, How much lift did you get with level kit

About 1 3/4 inches in the front, about 3/4 inch in the rear. Definitely gave the Jeep a better, non raked stance and gave the tires some room. I also opted to ditch the air damn in the front, but even without the leveling kit, I had no issues with rubbing at full lock. I'm sure it would at full flex.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Ok, just ordered my 2.5" budget lift. I went with the rough country, I was able to get lift the series ll, for $179.00 no tax and no shipping costs. Anything bad about this lift I should know. Thank you for all your HELP and input.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Ok, just ordered my 2.5" budget lift. I went with the rough country, I was able to get lift the series ll, for $179.00 no tax and no shipping costs. Anything bad about this lift I should know. Thank you for all your HELP and input.

Should be fine, does it come with shock extenders and longer sway bar links?

JAGS

Hooked
^^^ rear brake line extensions/drop brackets?

I just bought a used BB kit and need these few components frank mentioned (& brake line bracket) to make it all come together. :yup: Just need some tires but, of coarse, those are the most expensive part. :eek:

10frank9

Web Wheeler

^^^ rear brake line extensions/drop brackets?

I just bought a used BB kit and need these few components frank mentioned (& brake line bracket) to make it all come together. :yup: Just need some tires but, of coarse, those are the most expensive part. :eek:

Nevermind, just looked up the Series II lift and looks like it has everything you need, brake line extensions, longer links, shock extenders. Should be just fine Tony it will get you where you want to be on the cheap and let you run those 35's. :rock:

gtony12

Caught the Bug

Yes, Series II kit includes front and rear coil spacers, front and rear brake line brackets, front and rear shock relocation brackets, rear track bar bracket, and rear sway bar links.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Nevermind, just looked up the Series II lift and looks like it has everything you need, brake line extensions, longer links, shock extenders. Should be just fine Tony it will get you where you want to be on the cheap and let you run those 35's. :rock:

That's what I want 35"'s, one day I will upgrade to a EVO systems. But at least for now I can enjoy some good runs with everyone!:thumb:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
That's what it's all about buddy. It will definitely get the job done. You can play then decide which suspension system fits you and your needs best.

NAUJK

Here are some pictures of my Rig with 285/70 tires and JKUR Springs and a 2.5 Budget boost. This is about what you are looking at. It will fit 35s no problem it actually begs for them. I dont think I have any better pictures of it from the side with this setup ill check tho.

:beer:

DSC01357.jpg DSC01358.jpg DSC01376.jpg

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Here are some pictures of my Rig with 285/70 tires and JKUR Springs and a 2.5 Budget boost. This is about what you are looking at. It will fit 35s no problem it actually begs for them. I dont think I have any better pictures of it from the side with this setup ill check tho.

:beer:

View attachment 27318 View attachment 27319 View attachment 27320

That's what I am looking for. that looks great. Yes now I will be able to enjoy some better trails. Your rig looks great.:beer:

Top Bottom