Welding C gussets

JK12

So i get my EVO C gussets this Wednesday hopefully and i was wondering what settings you guys used for welding them?The welder i have access to is a Miller matic 252 i believe. Also i got some pro steer ball joints. Should i weld the gussets with the old ones in and then replace with the Dynatrac pro steers?

ya that would probably be a wise decision as to not worry about cooking the ball joints. then you can replace the oem ones with your new prosteer joints and be happy happy happy...

andrew -

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
So i get my EVO C gussets this Wednesday hopefully and i was wondering what settings you guys used for welding them?The welder i have access to is a Miller matic 252 i believe. Also i got some pro steer ball joints. Should i weld the gussets with the old ones in and then replace with the Dynatrac pro steers?

Actually pull out the old ones, weld in the gussets, then install the new Dynatracs.

JK12

I know they work together. I just wanted to know how to process would go. Did anyone weld their own gussets in?

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I know they work together. I just wanted to know how to process would go. Did anyone weld their own gussets in?

I did my own set but used teraflex guessets instead...also left the ball joints in place and just took my time, as for settings I cant help out since every welder will be different.

Elusive

I removed the old ball joints and put the new ones in the freezer. Then I welded the gussets on and got the C really hot. The frozen ball joints dropped into the hot C pretty easy.

Top Bottom