Tools and trail fix's

xflstl

What tools do you carry in your jeep out on the trail?

I ask this to see what others are doing in hopes to find something I missed, or to find that "Oh that would be handy" type thing.

Thanks!!!

Napalm90

I keep a 301 piece tool kit from harbor freight that a friend recommended, also a tourqe wrench. Thats all I carry for now

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Prime8

Great thread! I carry way too many tools, for fear of needing the one I didn't bring.
I carry:
-Both of my tool boxes (one is all sockets and socket wrenches).
-Dremel with the attachment pack
-Bosch oscillating saw
-4.5" angle grinder
-extension cord (my rig has an outlet)
-duffel bag with extra clothes, ax, shovel, chains, tow straps, etc...
-fluids (PS, brake, coolant, windshield washer, etc..)
-HiLift jack
-Battery powered drill and circular saw
-Drill bits, assorted hammers, and other assorted tools not in the tool boxes

I think that's it... For now... Hahaha

xflstl

I currently carry.

1 Large tool box with assorted sockets & wrench's from 1/4 drive to 3/4 drive and upto 36mm sockets.
1 medium size floor jack & two jack stands
2. Different length and drive size breaker bars.
several tow straps / tree saver's
High temp rtv /quick dry epoxy
all required fluids

On the list to get
pully block
High lift jack

Currently installing a viair twin 350c comp system with 2 gallon tank. Does anyone know if this can run air tools at all? if so recommendations?

Atch

Sean, for what you typically break it'd make more sense to haul a spare jeep with you! :cheesy:

Atch

My tool box has every single tool I've ever used on my jeep, that way I know I'll have what I need. I need to get a new breaker bar though since Murph broke mine at SMORR.

pvanweelden

Air tools won't run off electric compressors for very long, even with a tank, the compressor will struggle to keep up.

Duct tape, hose clamps, wire, pry bars, Vise for U joints, grease gun, DRIVE SHAFT tools, would be a good addition to your tools Mr. Smitty :thumb:
workingonBigRedMoab.jpg

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
My pals and I coordinate on what we carry on our jeeps.
Between us some of the important things we carry:
- all spare axle shafts
- u joints
- ball joints
- unit bearing
- battery powered ginder, sawzall, impact, drill with spare batteries and chargers
- welder w/spare metal
- complete host of all fluids (you can’t fab fluid on the trail)
- all necessary sockets, breaker bars, wrenches
- electrical necessities ie; fuses, connections, wire, volt meter, crimpers/strippers
- vise
- tire patch kit
- a couple power tank air tanks
- small moving blanket and tarp for laying under Jeep
- ratchet straps
- all recovery gear
- the “Right Stuff”
- "Rescue Tape"
- and you would be surprised what else.

We joke that “ramin” can build another Jeep out of the back of his Jeep! :cheesy:

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Didn't see it on anyone's response so far but I carry a tap & die set, 'cause when you need a certain size bolt, you won't have it. Have carried it for years and it has saved me only once. The alternative was a long tow out, so I give it a lot of love.:yup:

BentMountainJK

Necessary tools.

I have come up on a way to get alot of tools at a good discount through my school program so i wasnt ready to stock my jeep with tools yet but with these discounts i cant pass up. Looking for a list of tools to keep in your jeep for eventual tough off road trips

KPM171

Sockets, breaker bar, torque wrench, wrenches, rubber mallet, small sledge hammer, vice grips, plyers, hex & star bits, and an assortment of screw drivers should take care of most things that ail ya imho.

jesse3638

Hooked
I know they're not tools but spare fluids with drain pan and a way to carry old fluids off the trail. Don't be that guy dumping the oil into the bushes...;)

Top Bottom