my jeep still in dealer..

tkkim

I dropped my jeep last tuesday at dealership because of engine light showed up..

mine is 2012 jku so I expected common cylinder head problem.

a day after I dropped, dealer called me and they were replacing cylinder valve. and.. two days after they called me again it has some more problem and they talked with engineer of chrysler.

and today after 6 days I dropped my jeep, dealer called and they said it has other problem that is gasket didn't work.

they didn't said replacing cylinder head...

never seen this problem of 12 jk..

does any one has this experience?

today .. want to ask 'could you just swap to brand new engine? ' lol

jeeeep

Hooked
too bad you are having this issue, probably can't start dropping lemon law unless you have already taken in before.
I had an issue with a WK kept taking it in, they claimed to fix it but then the issue would return. The dealer finally told me it was too new and parts weren't available yet. since I had already taken it several times for the repairs and they'd had it for 3 days when they told me no parts available, I called Chrysler. Chrysler told me no dealer parts were available because they were still in production and part numbers were not yet available to dealers.
I asked for a manager to discuss lemon law claim. They pulled a part, shipped it overnight next A.M and the I had the Jeep back by that afternoon!
So ask! better than to keep waiting

tkkim

too bad you are having this issue, probably can't start dropping lemon law unless you have already taken in before.
I had an issue with a WK kept taking it in, they claimed to fix it but then the issue would return. The dealer finally told me it was too new and parts weren't available yet. since I had already taken it several times for the repairs and they'd had it for 3 days when they told me no parts available, I called Chrysler. Chrysler told me no dealer parts were available because they were still in production and part numbers were not yet available to dealers.
I asked for a manager to discuss lemon law claim. They pulled a part, shipped it overnight next A.M and the I had the Jeep back by that afternoon!
So ask! better than to keep waiting

sigh.. yea . California lemone law require four or more times of same problem fix...

SDG

Caught the Bug
... or 30+ days in the shop. I am very familiar with this since my gf has a '13 ford escape that she has had for 4 months and it has now spent 33 days in the shop. Started doing all the BS to try and get the lemon law rolling...

tkkim

... or 30+ days in the shop. I am very familiar with this since my gf has a '13 ford escape that she has had for 4 months and it has now spent 33 days in the shop. Started doing all the BS to try and get the lemon law rolling...

but they won't pay back of installation fee of my lift kit and custom Kazkin leather seat.. right?

SDG

Caught the Bug
but they won't pay back of installation fee of my lift kit and custom Kazkin leather seat.. right?

That I am not sure of. My gf had the front windows tinted and she was going to try and get that reimbursed. I have really not found too much good info on that part of how the law works.

txjeeplover

It sucks to hear, but if they have you in a rental, just have some patience. Worst case scenario for Chrysler, they will have to give you a new engine under warranty. I suspect that they're looking for a permanent way to fix the problem that doesn't involve a complete engine swap. But in the end, they will fix the problem or you'll meet enough parameters for them to have to replace the Jeep under state and federal Lemon Laws.

tkkim

It sucks to hear, but if they have you in a rental, just have some patience. Worst case scenario for Chrysler, they will have to give you a new engine under warranty. I suspect that they're looking for a permanent way to fix the problem that doesn't involve a complete engine swap. But in the end, they will fix the problem or you'll meet enough parameters for them to have to replace the Jeep under state and federal Lemon Laws.

Yea.. I'm ok with waiting unless they fix it correctly. But if I go through lemon law, a lot of works.. Re install stock suspension and change tire. Even my custom leather seat that can't be move.. So just wish they can fix it correctly.

jeeeep

Hooked
You should at least find out what exactly what the issue is, how they will fix it and when they will have it completed - or did they already provide you with this info?
I don't think I'm the only this curious :thinking:

tkkim

You should at least find out what exactly what the issue is, how they will fix it and when they will have it completed - or did they already provide you with this info?
I don't think I'm the only this curious :thinking:

First they said cylinder valve problem.

And they said it has some more issue.

And today gasket is problem..

I ask when they will complete, but he said technician is working now..can't tell.

I'll ask exactly what it is.

Top Bottom