Tire Carrier/Bumper Good for 40's?

ttfhell

Any decent ones out there? Looking for one stop shopping versus Evo carrier and a bumper.
Thanks
Russ

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Any decent ones out there? Looking for one stop shopping versus Evo carrier and a bumper.
Thanks
Russ

Wow Russ bumping up to 40's already? I've got dibs on your 37's!!!!!

I haven't seen too many bumper/ carrier combos advertise they accommodate a 40" tire. You might be limited to EVO.

mikefishes

I just ordered an OR-Fab (holds up to 39 according to their site). I it the one with two rotopax cans included from Amazon. Free shipping and no tax made it $646. About $150 less than quadratic

DanMojo82

Poison Spyder has one as well that's a traditional swing away carrier that will hold up to a 42" tire. :beer:

Wow Russ bumping up to 40's already? I've got dibs on your 37's!!!!!

I haven't seen too many bumper/ carrier combos advertise they accommodate a 40" tire. You might be limited to EVO.

You can have his 37"s... I already have dibs on his SLABS!!!! all black look NICE!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
A lot of tire carriers can "hold" a 40" tire or even bigger but, the real question is, how well will they hold up to driving hard and fast in the desert? Of the ones I have seen, only the EVO and Genright tire carriers have been able to do it well and for a long period of time. There are a lot of nice tire carriers out there and ones that I would recommend for most people but, having seen the kind of wheeling you're willing to do Russ, I wouldn't recommend anything less than the above mentioned. Of course, that's just me.

ttfhell

A lot of tire carriers can "hold" a 40" tire or even bigger but, the real question is, how well will they hold up to driving hard and fast in the desert? Of the ones I have seen, only the EVO and Genright tire carriers have been able to do it well and for a long period of time. There are a lot of nice tire carriers out there and ones that I would recommend for most people but, having seen the kind of wheeling you're willing to do Russ, I wouldn't recommend anything less than the above mentioned. Of course, that's just me.

Dude I'm still blaming you for my F&R PR60 order. Or Mel. So I'm going to do my best to ignore any of your responses at this point;)
Unless of course you recommend the eBay bumper tire carrier combo for 40's. In that case I'm all over that shit.
Thx

i would go EVO over Gen-Right. LOD is nice, i have the shorty bumper, tire swing, trail rack, and Rotopax mount combo from them and it is very heavy but can take a hit from rocks (trust me i found out the fun way) :thumb: plus they claim to hold a 37" tire when i spoke to them on the phone.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Dude I'm still blaming you for my F&R PR60 order. Or Mel. So I'm going to do my best to ignore any of your responses at this point;)
Unless of course you recommend the eBay bumper tire carrier combo for 40's. In that case I'm all over that shit.
Thx

:cheesy:.....

Top Bottom