Evo corner skins

silverbackjk

I just installed my rear skins. The left skin went on fine fits nice but the right skin does not seem to fit right no matter how it is positioned. It is driving me crazy. There is a gap above the tail light at the top of the skin and the body of the jeep if you are looking down from above I think about 1/4 of a inch. Dose anyone's else have a gap like this? ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1367293692.498426.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1367293736.775442.jpg
Does anyone's look like this?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Not on my iPhone, it's not the part it's the install. (No offense) you have to make the skin fit the jeep.

The best thing you can do at this point is fill it with RTV.

The only alternative is to cut that cap off and reweld it on.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Sorry just got your PM. Are the holes already drilled?

Last edited:

jeeeep

Hooked
(No offense) you have to make the skin fit the jeep.

I would contact EVO, for the price pre-made the last I would want is poor fit and then having to cut and weld. If I had those skills I'd make my own, my :twocents:

rinkishjk

Not on my iPhone, it's not the part it's the install. (No offense) you have to make the skin fit the jeep.

Yea contact evo! :what::beer:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I would contact EVO, for the price pre-made the last I would want is poor fit and then having to cut and weld. If I had those skills I'd make my own, my :twocents:

Lol, it's only a poor fit if it's not I installed correctly. Don't blame the part.

You need to understand the JK tub is not straight. It's shaped like a boat. The skins are straight. You need to make them fit by "messaging" the skin.

It's not easy and it's not for everyone.

biggy

I had about a 3/16 " gap at the top of the corner but really isnt noticeable once the rtv is in. You want to put rtv on the top edge anyways to seal out any water getting in behind the skin.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I896 using WAYALIFE mobile app

silverbackjk

I had about a 3/16 " gap at the top of the corner but really isnt noticeable once the rtv is in. You want to put rtv on the top edge anyways to seal out any water getting in behind the skin.

My gap is 1/4" I'm going to try to as evo would say massage it in place.

CRAZYCASEY

Took me half a dozen clamps and two straps. Still a small gap on the passenger side, but I figure that was due to the damage I'm covering up. I plan on just cutting the cap off and re-welding it to fit better.

silverbackjk

Took me half a dozen clamps and two straps. Still a small gap on the passenger side, but I figure that was due to the damage I'm covering up. I plan on just cutting the cap off and re-welding it to fit better.

It's just frustrating cause my friends poison spider ones fit much better. But they were way more expensive than the Evo ones.

MTG

Caught the Bug

Hey how did that manual tool work for you? I never sent mine back. :doh:

bob-o12jk

Banned
It's just frustrating cause my friends poison spider ones fit much better. But they were way more expensive than the Evo ones.

Plus I don't think the ps ones are as strong as the EVO ones. I Iove my EVO corners, and like u said the price for the ps ones are ridiculous

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

CRAZYCASEY

silverbackjk said:

I can understand the frustration, there is nothing worse than being even slightly dissatisfied with a purchase. I will tell you that from a durability standpoint these are the best corners you can buy. I added a slider bar to mine and had almost the entire weight of the jeep resting on them. They did not even flinch. I would sacrifice the small superficial fitment issue for the durability any day!

Attachments

• image-3803286520.jpg
    image-3803286520.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 106
  • image-4071395825.jpg
    image-4071395825.jpg
    366.4 KB · Views: 112
Top Bottom