Mopar 2" lift kit

Cajun JK

I see a lot of info on here about lift kits. I am looking at a Mopar 2" kit. Does anyone have any experience with the Mopar kits?

xflstl

I see a lot of info on here about lift kits. I am looking at a Mopar 2" kit. Does anyone have any experience with the Mopar kits?

I have no personal exp with them, have heard/read that the mopar stuff is decent but over priced.

Cajun JK

One of the reasons I am looking at them is because if I have any warranty issues they will still be covered without arguing with the dealer.

Napalm90

My friend is running the 2.5 kit, he works as a mechanic at a jeep dealership so he go one hell of a deal on it, he put 37" tires :yup: and he gets decent flex from the kit. He likes it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ask you service manager what aftermarket lifts they use. Chances are the will be able to put one on for you. I had mine lifted with the Pro-Comp 2.5 because that is the one they use.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
One of the reasons I am looking at them is because if I have any warranty issues they will still be covered without arguing with the dealer.

Did you clear that with your dealership? If not, you should before you do anything as what lift you run should make no difference and there have been plenty of dealerships to give people grief EVEN IF they installed a Mopar lift.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
i know my dealer said i cant go above 3" of lift. after 3" my warrenty is voided. gave me the option of whatever lift i wanted and for cheaper too prob than the mopar

Cajun JK

Did you clear that with your dealership? If not, you should before you do anything as what lift you run should make no difference and there have been plenty of dealerships to give people grief EVEN IF they installed a Mopar lift.

Didn't know that. I know we won't be staying in Maryland. Guess ill have to do some research.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Didn't know that. I know we won't be staying in Maryland. Guess ill have to do some research.

Every dealership is different and everyone will handle modifications differently. My best recommendation to you is do what you want and wherever you move to, develop a relation ship with the local dealer there. Even if you have modified your Jeep, take it in for routine oil changes and now you will be come a customer of theirs. God forbid you ever need warranty work done but, if you do, it'll be a lot harder for them to deny you. Trust me on this one.

Every dealership is different and everyone will handle modifications differently. My best recommendation to you is do what you want and wherever you move to, develop a relation ship with the local dealer there. Even if you have modified your Jeep, take it in for routine oil changes and now you will be come a customer of theirs. God forbid you ever need warranty work done but, if you do, it'll be a lot harder for them to deny you. Trust me on this one.

X2 with building a relationship. I have purchased 3 vehicles from my dealer and know the service manager more than just the guy I drop my jeep off to. Pays dividends in the long run.

Last edited:

Atch

Like Eddie said it doesn't matter what mods you have it all depends on your dealership. We are lucky enough to have a club member that works in the dealerships service department so he fixes A LOT of things under warranty for us that others would probably deny. If it were me after moving I'd call around asking if they were mod friendly before going in so you don't run the risk of being black flagged.

Cajun JK

Sounds good, thanks for all the advice. My last 2 jeeps were older and I didn't worry about warranty stuff. Thanks again!!

Top Bottom