Pro Comp tires

JKU EXTREME

Does anyone have any experience with the Pro Comp M/T2's, A/T, or XA/T
I am looking at all these tires and want to know if anyone has run these tires.

Feedback would be appreciated

Thanks JKU EXTREME

Sent from JKU EXTREME from his Wayalife iPhone app

JKsix

Thanks JKU EXTREME

I had the XA/Ts on my dodge and they were awesome. My buddy had the MTs and they seemed like the wore out fast. He's now running the normal ATs so ill let ya know how they do.

🇺🇸MERICA🇺🇸

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Thanks JKU EXTREME

The MT2's are good tires that will hook up well on the trail but their rubber compound is soft and will chunk pretty bad. The XA/T's are good all around tires.

billybob990

I have pro comps mt's and they do get Damn good traction, ill buy them again. But I have a dumb question lol what do you mean by chunk?

Tackerdown

Banned
I have pro comps mt's and they do get Damn good traction, ill buy them again. But I have a dumb question lol what do you mean by chunk?
The tread will chunk off or tear off when climbing on the rocks. My son has the extreme a/t's and he likes them aside from that fact and that they are directional only.

rinkishjk

I have the reg mt ones, and they have worn great for me. They have chunked a little bit from the sharp rocks at Rausch. They ride great on Highway, and No more noise than the stock bfg MT's.
For me my next tire will be Nitto muds, or trail Grapplers. I would recommend the pro comps though. I'm also running them on the stock rims.

rinkishjk

That's crazy lol mine are LOUD I have a buddy with nitto m/g and mine and his sound almost the same.

Don't get me wrong they make noise, but it's similar to the stock MT's I think, and it's a tad louder. The Nitto muds sound like a small plane or a swarm of bees coming down the road. My tires are way quieter than those! My friend has them, and I laugh at the noise as he passes me. They are tough tires though. Eddies videos can attest to that for sure.
I don't think they sound the same though. Similar but different I think.
On a side note, I like the tire noise. It is a jeep. :beer:

JKU EXTREME

I have the reg mt ones, and they have worn great for me. They have chunked a little bit from the sharp rocks at Rausch. They ride great on Highway, and No more noise than the stock bfg MT's.
For me my next tire will be Nitto muds, or trail Grapplers. I would recommend the pro comps though. I'm also running them on the stock rims.

How's the ride, is it smooth or a little rough

RedFox

I had XAT's before my new Nitto TG's. the Pro Comps lasted me a long time and still had plenty of tread life, I believe they have a 50k mile tread life warranty (if I remember correctly?). They were great.
My new Nittos are equally great. I do not expect these to last as long as my Pro Comps did. That being said, they are noticeably less noisy than the Pro Comps, which surprises me! Believe me, I thought I was going to have to deal with a louder tire being that trail grapplers are MTs, but my XATs were just really loud for as long as I've had them.
Having said all that, the noise didn't bother me, and I would definitely recommend the XATs if even solely for their amazing tread life!
Hope that helps.
With XATs
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1367402812.656331.jpg
With Nittos
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1367402839.422053.jpg
Before anyone points this out, my immediate and very next mod are evo sliders, builder corners, and fender chop! Please don't bash me for the stock fenders and nerfs! 👍

Last edited:

RedFox

Another thing to add, my used XATs measure just as tall as my brand new Nittos. The XATs are going to run taller than the MTs for sure, as should be the norm with ATs.

JKU EXTREME

I had XAT's before my new Nitto TG's. the Pro Comps lasted me a long time and still had plenty of tread life, I believe they have a 50k mile tread life warranty (if I remember correctly?). They were great.
My new Nittos are equally great. I do not expect these to last as long as my Pro Comps did. That being said, they are noticeably less noisy than the Pro Comps, which surprises me! Believe me, I thought I was going to have to deal with a louder tire being that trail grapplers are MTs, but my XATs were just really loud for as long as I've had them.
Having said all that, the noise didn't bother me, and I would definitely recommend the XATs if even solely for their amazing tread life!
Hope that helps.
With XATs
View attachment 27810

Before anyone points this out, my immediate and very next mod are evo sliders, builder corners, and fender chop! Please don't bash me for the stock fenders and nerfs! 👍

Is that a prison spider brawler lite with the trail stinger?

TexasJC

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1367431767.202311.jpg
I just got the MT2's on about a month ago. So far the ride is nice, and no problems in light mud.

Scott226

I had the AT 35's on my JK. The tire wear evenly but the problem I has was keeping them balanced. Seemed like every 4-6 months I was getting them balanced. They would run fine for a while then I would start getting the 50mph wobble. Get them balanced and the wobble would go away... I'm now running Goodyear Duratrac's and they are simply AWESOME!! I probably wont go back to ProComp...

Good Luck!:2thumbsup:

Tackerdown

Banned
I had the AT 35's on my JK. The tire wear evenly but the problem I has was keeping them balanced. Seemed like every 4-6 months I was getting them balanced. They would run fine for a while then I would start getting the 50mph wobble. Get them balanced and the wobble would go away... I'm now running Goodyear Duratrac's and they are simply AWESOME!! I probably wont go back to ProComp...

Good Luck!:2thumbsup:

Did you rotate every 3 k just curious.

EVO 4G WAYALIFE.

Top Bottom