Going to anza borrego

Brankz

Me and my bro are going to anza borrego this sunday or maybe next Saturday, this will be my first time in a trail, any Recommendations?
I saw this video and looks so much fun

http://youtu.be/o-ehVFAvl9o

Branks ...
WAYALIFE mobile app

SDG

Caught the Bug
Bring a bunch of water it will be hot as balls out there.

As for trails there are a ton out there. If you stop by the borrego springs visitor center you can but a nice trail map for less that $10 if I recall. There is a nice moderate trail with a couple river crossings that's very pretty... the name is escaping me right now though.

Moochie

Don't go with only one vehicle. People do get lost and you can die out there. Make sure you bring lots of water and let someone know what trails you are driving on. The desert can be unforgiving if you are not prepared. Cell service can be poor or non-existent.

Brankz

Don't go with only one vehicle. People do get lost and you can die out there. Make sure you bring lots of water and let someone know what trails you are driving on. The desert can be unforgiving if you are not prepared. Cell service can be poor or non-existent.

:0 thank you that's good to know, just in case I will buy a cb radio. do u think I have to go with extra gas cans?

Branks ...
WAYALIFE mobile app

Rebel JK

Coyote canyon is probably what your thinking of. Was there a week ago. Its also cool to run down fault and short washes towards Ocotillo Wells then take blowsand cyn towards 78. These are all easy trails, but the sand will be very dry and deep in the washes.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    164.2 KB · Views: 117
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 118

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
:0 thank you that's good to know, just in case I will buy a cb radio. do u think I have to go with extra gas cans?

Branks ...
WAYALIFE mobile app

A CB isn't going to do anything for you. You shouldn't need extra gas if you fill up right before you hit the dirt.

Honestly I wouldn't go out there by yourself with one vehicle for the first time. If you have been there before its one thing but as Moochie said, the desert can be unforgiving.

Rebel JK

X2 on that. Even with a CB out there you cant count on it for emergency help. I had poor communications with my buddy when he was 1/2 mile away and behind a couple hills.

Brankz

Coyote canyon is probably what your thinking of. Was there a week ago. Its also cool to run down fault and short washes towards Ocotillo Wells then take blowsand cyn towards 78. These are all easy trails, but the sand will be very dry and deep in the washes.

I'm going to this 1
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1367343952.907186.jpg

Branks ...
WAYALIFE mobile app

Brankz

A CB isn't going to do anything for you. You shouldn't need extra gas if you fill up right before you hit the dirt.

Honestly I wouldn't go out there by yourself with one vehicle for the first time. If you have been there before its one thing but as Moochie said, the desert can be unforgiving.

Dang, maybe if I see people in the trail I can ask them to go with them

Branks ...
WAYALIFE mobile app

EasyE

For the first time out there coyote canyon to sheep camp is a really great trail..there's a group going on may 18th..

It's a fairly easy trail with good views and the ranger in a 2door jk drives that trail usually in the afternoon to check..

Top Bottom