Spiderwebshade

Briguy114

Ok so I just purchased a spiderwebshade for my 2 door JK and it came with 3 short spider balls, 2 medium length spider balls (this is my problem), and 6 long spider balls. No matter how hard I pull on the medium length spider balls I can not get them to stretch around the roll cage. In the instructions it doesn't say anything about medium length spider balls. It says I should have 8 long ones. Anybody else have this problem?

Btw I called spiderwebshade and nobody picked up the phone and nobody has returned my call yet

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I think I have all long ones except for 2 which are short. I only use one short one though. Do you have a 2 door or 4 door?

jeeeep

Hooked
hello spiderwebshade?? i need longer balls.

couldn't resist - my buddy has his and the tie-downs are all the same length.

Briguy114

I think I have all long ones except for 2 which are short. I only use one short one though. Do you have a 2 door or 4 door?

How do you only use 1 short one? When I was trying to install the 3 short ones were perfect for the windshield loops.

hello spiderwebshade?? i need longer balls.

couldn't resist - my buddy has his and the tie-downs are all the same length.

:cheesy: I knew it was a matter of time before someone made a comment like this

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
How do you only use 1 short one? When I was trying to install the 3 short ones were perfect for the windshield loops.

That is what I use it for. I use the one short for the footmans loop where the hard top attaches in the middle of the header bar. The rest I have are long and go around the roll bar. I have the full spiderweb that runs the length of the jeep. Do you have that one or the one that goes just over the front seats?

I would maybe pick some up at harbor freight as suggested above if you can't get ahold of spiderweb shade.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Ok so I just purchased a spiderwebshade for my 2 door JK and it came with 3 short spider balls, 2 medium length spider balls (this is my problem), and 6 long spider balls. No matter how hard I pull on the medium length spider balls I can not get them to stretch around the roll cage. In the instructions it doesn't say anything about medium length spider balls. It says I should have 8 long ones. Anybody else have this problem?

Btw I called spiderwebshade and nobody picked up the phone and nobody has returned my call yet

I have one for my 2 door too. The shade has a gap from shade to roll bar about 3". It doesn't sit on top of roll bar. Here's a pic. hope it helps :yup:

1366476080873.jpg

rinkishjk

I have a dirty dog, and it has a different setup, and also no gap between roll bar and sunshade. I'm sure they will send u the right stuff if u get in touch with them.

Briguy114

Do you have that one or the one that goes just over the front seats?

I have the one that just goes over the front seats

I have one for my 2 door too. The shade has a gap from shade to roll bar about 3". It doesn't sit on top of roll bar. Here's a pic. hope it helps :yup:

I realize its not supposed to sit on top of the roll bar and there are some gaps. Even just trying to put the spider ball around the roll bar not attached to the top, it still wouldn't stretch far enough. Hopefully they will just send me two more longer ones or I'll have to get creative or maybe try the ones from harbor freight

Briguy114

Ok so I just got off the phone with spiderwebshade and they said to use the medium length spider balls on the rear longer straps and loop them through a special way. It's hard to explain so if this method works, I will take some pictures for anybody who is going to get one of these tops

gtony12

Caught the Bug
I have the one that just goes over the front seats

I realize its not supposed to sit on top of the roll bar and there are some gaps. Even just trying to put the spider ball around the roll bar not attached to the top, it still wouldn't stretch far enough. Hopefully they will just send me two more longer ones or I'll have to get creative or maybe try the ones from harbor freight

Sorry I missed the part about spider balls :cheesy:. I see now what you are saying, I have 3 balls that are about 3" long that fit into the mounting claps on the windshield bar and 6 about 6" long that wrap around roll bar. I have seen them at harbor freight and home depot. if that helps, good luck, hope it all works out.:yup:

rubicrawl

Ok so I just got off the phone with spiderwebshade and they said to use the medium length spider balls on the rear longer straps and loop them through a special way. It's hard to explain so if this method works, I will take some pictures for anybody who is going to get one of these tops

So did it work like they explained

Briguy114

Ok so here are some pictures of how they told me to set it up.

Loop the spiderball through itself instead of trying to go around the roll bar

swssetup1.jpg

Then take the ball end and pull and slide it down between the sound bar and the roll cage. It fits in there pretty snug

swssetup2.jpg

And this is what it looks like done

spiderwebshade.jpg

Briguy114

Well it looks like its problem solved for now. If those don't stay where they are at then I will just go to harbor freight and buy a couple of longer ones to go all the way around the roll cage

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Well it looks like its problem solved for now. If those don't stay where they are at then I will just go to harbor freight and buy a couple of longer ones to go all the way around the roll cage

Cool, thank you for post'en pictures. Glad its working out.

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom