Poison Spyder Tramp Stamp II

DanMojo82

I was just about to order the tramp stamp to finally get rid of my stock spare carrier (since I don't keep the spare on it anymore) and noticed that the Tramp Stamp II is designed for 2010's and newer JK's that have the wide vent on the tailgate. I happen to have a 2009 with a tall vent on it. I read about how it's possible to trim down the vent or completely remove it for it to fit.

Is there anyone on here that has come across this problem that can give me some insight? :idontknow:

I just want to make sure that if I do trim or remove the vent I'm not going to come across any problems or have part of the vent sticking out from the top of the plate. Not to much info on it from what I can find.

Toxic

The guys there at Spider are awesome. Just call them up and ask to speak to the Tech Dept, and they'll answer any and all questions you might have. I had to inquire about the Rock Brawler lite bumper and if I needed to get the pump relocation bracket in order to make it work. They helped me out and mentioned that I didn't with that bumper, next thing you know they were asking what other mods I was looking into.

Just call them... (951) 849-5911

Toxic

Wittys-JK

I installed the PS Tramp Stamp II on my 08 and I had to trim the louver. My advice is to install the back plate first and then trim the bottom side of the louver closest to the Poison Spyder logo. I used a pair of tin snips and then I saved as much of the bottom flaps as I could and trimmed a little so they would not stick out past the lower half of the plate. The top part of the louver will need a little of the rubber seal around it trimmed down a bit and I used simple scissors for this and the lower flaps. It all worked out great.
photo 1.jpg photo 2.jpg

Augichef

I installed the PS Tramp Stamp II on my 08 and I had to trim the louver. My advice is to install the back plate first and then trim the bottom side of the louver closest to the Poison Spyder logo. I used a pair of tin snips and then I saved as much of the bottom flaps as I could and trimmed a little so they would not stick out past the lower half of the plate. The top part of the louver will need a little of the rubber seal around it trimmed down a bit and I used simple scissors for this and the lower flaps. It all worked out great.
View attachment 27897 View attachment 27898

That's a sweet setup..
Augi

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
What did you do to seal the holes left by the rubber bumpers when you did this? I've been looking and can't find anything. :thinking:

Top Bottom