Converter relocate with EVO Double D long arm upgrade

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
Does anyone out there have a photo or two that they can post up showing how they relocated their drivers side catalytic converter when they installed the EVO Double D long arm system on a 2010 or 2011? We are trying to figure out exactly where to put it so that it clears the control arm and also the driveshaft.

i am almost positive that someone posted a TF long arm video the other day that shows the same mod. I believe it was a simple cut of the welds on the cat and spinning it out of the way and reweld, but cant be too sure. Maybe piginajeep will chime in as he is the one who responded to the last thread with this same question...

andrew -

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
The TF video helped, but the EVO brackets look much wider so where the TF folks put theirs doesn't quite fit with the front inside corner of the EVO bracket. Looks to me like where I currently have it fitted would hit the driveshaft. Looking for anyone out there that has relocated with the Double D kit.

optimus prime

I Just did the same thing on 2013 so my pics wont help you. but I found the EVO customer service seriously lacking. The kit arrived with no paper work, no instructions and when I called to get them to e mail me the correct instructions I was sent instructions for a completely different kit. I figured the kit out and installed the front left bracket last and found that it didnt fit because the exhaust was in the way. When I called to ask what I need to do to get around this I was told that he wasn't a fabricator and that he would get back to me. They eventually sent me pictures but I ended doing my own thing. I like the kit and think it will perform well but I do feel that they could do more when it comes to the front counter.

Hope you figure it all out, good luck

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
I Just did the same thing on 2013 so my pics wont help you. but I found the EVO customer service seriously lacking. The kit arrived with no paper work, no instructions and when I called to get them to e mail me the correct instructions I was sent instructions for a completely different kit. I figured the kit out and installed the front left bracket last and found that it didnt fit because the exhaust was in the way. When I called to ask what I need to do to get around this I was told that he wasn't a fabricator and that he would get back to me. They eventually sent me pictures but I ended doing my own thing. I like the kit and think it will perform well but I do feel that they could do more when it comes to the front counter.

Hope you figure it all out, good luck

Yep, this is exactly what I find with EVO also when dealing with them.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
i am almost positive that someone posted a TF long arm video the other day that shows the same mod. I believe it was a simple cut of the welds on the cat and spinning it out of the way and reweld, but cant be too sure. Maybe piginajeep will chime in as he is the one who responded to the last thread with this same question...

andrew -

Same process, you just need to make sure it clears the Evo bracket.

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
Same process, you just need to make sure it clears the Evo bracket.

I think we are just going to tuck it in as tight to the bracket and as high as possible to get away from the driveshaft. I am going to pick up a piece of flex exhaust pipe shortly so we can twist it around a little before welding.

Top Bottom