scissor jack and stabilizer jack?

tkkim

I broke my stock scissor jack.. so I bought really heavy duty scissor jack at amazon. (i don't have garage so floor jack was not my option.)

I bought stabilizer(leveling) jack...I didn't know they have two different kind of jack..

the manual indicate do not use this for changing tire.. but google it , people use it for changing tire..

just wonder

is it dangerous to use to change tire ?

it looks like this

Screen Shot 2013-04-30 at 9.09.29 PM.png

Last edited:

jeeeep

Hooked
couple of things - what's the load limit on them?
on leveling jacks the tops are usually flat and spread out like wings and automobile scissor jacks have the folded channel that fits to a specified place on the vehicle (stronger) and centers the load on the scissor - this helps keep the car from sliding off the jack.
if the load limit is high enough it should work if you keep it centered - watch where you place the jack fits so it doesn't slide off as you lift your Jeep - those flat tabs are not designed to take a lot of weight on their own - the weight needs to be centered on the scissor.

Road_king

Most of this type of jack are made to stabilize a trailer - no I would not use it to change a tire. My experience with them is they are not geared low enough to do much lifting nor strong enough. A vehicle jack would have a weight rating for your vehicle - does this jack have any lift specs?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

tkkim

Most of this type of jack are made to stabilize a trailer - no I would not use it to change a tire. My experience with them is they are not geared low enough to do much lifting nor strong enough. A vehicle jack would have a weight rating for your vehicle - does this jack have any lift specs?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1367383039.489670.jpg

Here is there spec..

tkkim

couple of things - what's the load limit on them?
on leveling jacks the tops are usually flat and spread out like wings and automobile scissor jacks have the folded channel that fits to a specified place on the vehicle (stronger) and centers the load on the scissor - this helps keep the car from sliding off the jack.
if the load limit is high enough it should work if you keep it centered - watch where you place the jack fits so it doesn't slide off as you lift your Jeep - those flat tabs are not designed to take a lot of weight on their own - the weight needs to be centered on the scissor.

Yea i know..

But it's really heavy and if i want to return, have to pay shipping..

Will be like 50$...

Try to use it.. I have jack stand so always use jack stands after lift my jeep.

Only dangerous thing is when i lift down real axel Because i removed all jack stand and my scissor jack is under differential cover..

jeeeep

Hooked
you might contact the seller or distributor and see if they make any attachments where you could use it with your Jeep.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looking at the rating, you should be okay with this but, I personally would recommend that you get a good 6-ton or higher bottle jack instead.

image_19772.jpg

Sharkey

Word Ninja
^^ Agreed. Bottle jacks are the way to go. Just make sure to pay attention to placement and watch to make certain the top doesn't "walk" when you lift up your Jeep.

Top Bottom