Brake Squeaking Problem

1yellowjk

So I get a bad squeaking when I apply the brakes lightly and it stops once I apply a little more force. Sounds as if it's coming from the passenger side, can't tell if it's front or rear. It's been doing this for about the past 500 miles.

I have checked the lines and there are no kinks.

Brake pads are good.

I have 8000 miles her and it's really bugging me, for no other reason than it's loud and annoying.

Any ideas on where to go from here?

Philip *AZ*

Banned
Get some cleaner and give everything a once over. Might just be dirty. Mine squeaks on the front pass side, but Im probably due for brakes.

Paratroopers Stay Up Longer!

orngcrushrgrl

Mine have done this since about 8-10k miles. I've checked, replaced brakes once (even though they didn't need it) looked at lines, looked for rocks you name it.

We've just learned to accept it might just be a jeep thing lol

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, check for stones and clean them out thoroughly with a cleaner or even with a hose.

rinkishjk

Did u check the sliders on the caliper bracket to make sure there sliding freely?
U use molly lube to lube them. They just pull out of the rubber boots..

jeeeep

Hooked
check the rear passenger, you'll want to remove the caliper.
I had similar issue the noise drove me crazy. The pads looked fine on visual inspection but when I took the caliper off to replace the pads the rear inside pad had separated from it's base.
The pads were still thick except for this issue.

1yellowjk

I didn't see any rocks but I'll go over it again and actually pull the pads....it's driving me nuts, and I'm already a tad crazy. :)

Philip *AZ*

Banned
I didn't see any rocks but I'll go over it again and actually pull the pads....it's driving me nuts, and I'm already a tad crazy. :)

See if Eddie can change your name for ya. 1geckojk would fit you much better these days..lol!!

Paratroopers Stay Up Longer!

mkjeep

Junkyard Dog
My squeaking didn't stop till I put new clips in that the pads slide on. If they're loose or a tad bent, they squeak.

Top Bottom