looking to add winch

Angus

have an 07 sahara jku and i'd like to add a winch. not sure how often it'll get used but id rather be safe than sorry. will a 9500 suffice or should i think bigger?

Napalm90

95 would be perfect... Btw go with a warn winch, they are the most reliable and use synthetic rope to be safe

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Quadratec makes a 9500 with a synthetic line that is comparable. Lane87 has one and i have there 9000 winch with steel line. great price and good quality as well. Warn prob is the best winch tho.

Napalm90

I am looking at The 9.5 cti. I am also looking At the new zeon 10s cause its a little cheaper and they are good

Napalm90

Also quadratec has a series of winches which are good and not to expensive

Angus

i was actually thinking of trying one of the q series and i definately like the price right now. thanks for the help guys.

Lane87

I have the Q-series Q9500i with steel cable.. it works great and you can't beat the price. I know Warn is a better company but for a build on a budget I highly recommend the Q-series.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I was going to go with a zeon with synthetic but was told it may not fit with my evo bumper so i was going to get a different warn one....but ended up getting the q9000 with synthetic line to save some money since I know i wont use it too much.

Atch

I got an Engo 10k shipped to my door for $309. It's no warn but it was a great price.

I have the Engo as well! Great price, has a synthetic line option, and tested well during a magazines winch test. I've used mine a few different times and didn't have an issue.

DJCFHB

Go 9.5 cti with synthetic, you want regret it. That is the winch i have and does very well, has good line speed and synthetic line is so much easier and safer to work with.

desertrunner

i have the Warn VR8500 and even in the heavy ass 4 door with tons of added weight it pulls it fine. I have only used it like 3 times and it pulls kinda slow but it will get the job done for that every once and a while oh S*** moment

JKbrick

May I hijack this thread with a winch question? I haven't seen how to start a new one yet. The Warn 9.0Rc is only 55pounds but comes with only 50' of rope. Why is it so darn expensive and is 50' of rope enough?13119 Drayton Parkway in Hawthorne Park

suicideking

I was also thinking of going with an Engo or something else other than Warn because of price. Does the Engo hold up over time?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
have an 07 sahara jku and i'd like to add a winch. not sure how often it'll get used but id rather be safe than sorry. will a 9500 suffice or should i think bigger?

Typically, the rule of thumb is to get a which that has a capacity approximately double the weight of your vehicle. A 4-door JK weighs about 5,000 lbs. so a 9500 will do the job just fine. For whatever it's worth, it's all that I have run and still run on my JK that weighs upwards of 7000 lbs. and I do use it all the time.

Top Bottom