Spark Plugs & Cables

JK_Jonny305

I know theres a bunch of these threads out there but they're mostly old posts. Wanted to get a feel for what y'all thought were the best spark plugs and cables available on the market right for JK's. I need to swap mine out this weekend so want to see if I can get some ASAP. Thanks!

jeeeep

Hooked
I'm running Performance Distributors Screamin Demon coil and their Live wires with platinum plugs on my 2010 - definite improvement over stock

jeeeep

Hooked
both, the responsiveness and idle are smooth, the mileage even with superchips 90 tune is much better when I'm not driving a maniac.

my best mileage hand calculated was on regular trip to Utah, always the same route - just over 19 mpg @ 65 cruise control all the way - even when posted was 75, weather was perfect no additional headwind!

my setup 2010 auto, superchips 90 tune, 35's. 4.88's, screamin demon w/ livewires, dynomax vt and cruise control! usually on the freeways I average 15-18 depends on foot and headwind, around town about 13-17 depends on how lucky i get with the green lights :thumb:

I should mention I got the demon coil setup when I installed my lift and tires - this was before superchips, gears and muffler - it made a difference and with each mod more improvement to get what power the 3.8 has out of it.

Last edited:

JK_Jonny305

anyone with the E3's I've read some reports that they fowl out prematurely

From what I have gathered, the E3 are no good for JKs... I'm thinking between the bosch +4 Platinum or the NGK Iridium Ix. Most people seem to be running the Omni-Spark or the Granatelli wires. I need to get them today so I can install them this weekend. Hopefully I can make up my mind soon.

Tackerdown

Banned
From what I have gathered, the E3 are no good for JKs... I'm thinking between the bosch +4 Platinum or the NGK Iridium Ix. Most people seem to be running the Omni-Spark or the Granatelli wires. I need to get them today so I can install them this weekend. Hopefully I can make up my mind soon.

That's good to know , I was thinking of trying the e3 just to test them for myself but I hadn't read anything that said they weren't good for jk's.

EVO 4G WAYALIFE.

JK_Jonny305

That's good to know , I was thinking of trying the e3 just to test them for myself but I hadn't read anything that said they weren't good for jk's.

EVO 4G WAYALIFE.

I mean, probably ready about 4-5 posts out there saying to stay away, that's good enough for me. LOL

Top Bottom