Wave from Central Ohio

curtis

Hello from Columbus, OH. My wife and I just bought our first Jeep on Monday. We picked up an '08 JK Unlimited Rubicon in Steel Blue with just under 30k miles. It is completely stock. Not sure how long it will stay that way. My wife already has her eyes on different bumpers and fenders. : )

Unfortunately, we've had it less than two days and it is in the shop already. We were cruising around town, enjoying the weather and noticed a burning smell. The wheel front left and right rear wheels were rocket hot between the lugs. The RR caliper was making a metallic ping/ting sound. The problem didn't manifest itself until it had been driven for over an hour in stop and go driving. There was no indication of this our test drives.

Good news is that it is a Certified Pre-Owned vehicle, so it is covered. The shop noted the front left caliper was starting to seize as well. They are replacing the FL and RR calipers and brake lines, turning the RR rotor and new brake pads on all four corners. Hopefully, this is not some sort of ominous sign of things to come. *fingers crossed*

Top Bottom