Trim maybe?

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Yes Sr. Louie. You can see my mini-write up on the what was done to your rig this week. Hahaha. It's a must-do when running 35's with rubi rails.

Oh and chop that pinch seam too. 👍

RockyJk

Yes Sr. Louie. You can see my mini-write up on the what was done to your rig this week. Hahaha. It's a must-do when running 35's with rubi rails.

Oh and chop that pinch seam too. 👍

I remember seeing that might have to backtrack that thread and find your post lol

RockyJk

depends on what lift you have with my lift (3.5" RK x-factor) the adjustable control arms move the rear axle back a bit and sitting on flat ground my rubi rails are close like yours but even at full stuff in the rear i dont rub on them at all

I've got like 3/4" lift in the rear lol

RockyJk

Trimmed the rails but didn't have anything to cut the pinch seam so I just left it haha I'll get around to it eventually :D 1367716078815.jpg

GCM 2

Trimmed the rails but didn't have anything to cut the pinch seam so I just left it haha I'll get around to it eventually :D View attachment 28345

Unbolt the rails, and whatever you made those clean cuts on the rails with will probably work on the pinch seams too. If you have a reciprocating saw/sawz-all, that's the tool that 99% of the people who trimmed their pinch seams used :thumb:

RockyJk

how did you trim the rails?

how did you have something to cut the rail and not the pinch seams???

andrew -

Unbolt the rails, and whatever you made those clean cuts on the rails with will probably work on the pinch seams too. If you have a reciprocating saw/sawz-all, that's the tool that 99% of the people who trimmed their pinch seams used :thumb:

Used a table saw Idk how I would use that on the pinch seam lol

well hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, maybe a table saw is not the best tool to tackle a pinch seam dilemma...??? question - how does one have a table saw and not a saw-zall???

andrew -

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug

You mean I was supposed to remove those rails. Crap. I cut right thru them. LOL. Then replaced them with real ones.

Top Bottom