2013 JKUR water sound after start up???

Mallard8767

So... I've got a 2013 jkur and recently I've notice a water sloshing sound when I start her up and maybe a minute or two after. I can't find any water in the cab or on/behind the dash. I figured it may be the AC or heater core etc but I just want to see if anyone else notices this. I did just have my windshield replaced 2 weeks ago but it looks like a good seal :confused:

Thx
Jonathan

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

jhires

So... I've got a 2013 jkur and recently I've notice a water sloshing sound when I start her up and maybe a minute or two after. I can't find any water in the cab or on/behind the dash. I figured it may be the AC or heater core etc but I just want to see if anyone else notices this. I did just have my windshield replaced 2 weeks ago but it looks like a good seal :confused:

Thx
Jonathan

I hear the same exact noise in mine as well (2013 JKUR). No clue what it is, but you're not alone.

Napalm90

I did to for awhile, tis gone now and I have 6550 miles now, it stopped after the first oil change for me, never knew what it was...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brankz

Thx
Jonathan

Maybe is coolant going into the reservoir.

Mallard8767

Well thanks for the responses all... puts my mind at ease at least...

Jonathan

davantalus

Same here.

Maybe is coolant going into the reservoir.
I assumed the same thing...

napalm90 said:
it stopped after the first oil change for me
Come think of it... I haven't noticed it since I did my first oil change. I'll listen in the morning.

It seemed to happen when I let out the clutch and slowly accelerated for the first few shifts in the morning. I'm in a manual... do any of you have automatics?

jhires

Same here.

I assumed the same thing...

Come think of it... I haven't noticed it since I did my first oil change. I'll listen in the morning.

It seemed to happen when I let out the clutch and slowly accelerated for the first few shifts in the morning. I'm in a manual... do any of you have automatics?

Mine is an auto. Usually happens just after starting forward for the first time in the morning.

Xirtic

Mine is an auto. Usually happens just after starting forward for the first time in the morning.

Similar here.....hear it on first morning start. Interestingly it only happens when the night temps seem to dip near 40 or below. It does not happen when the temps stay warmer.

BlackKnight

My wife's Grand Cherokee did the same thing from time to time and it turned out to be the healting/cooling system. When she had the heater/AC set when she started the Jeep it made a fluid like sound when it started and the pumps started pushing fluid through the system.

Skid_Kid

Jeep does not purge the air out of the coolant system when they are built. Both my 13 JKUR and 13 JKU Sport did it for the first 5000 miles or so.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

NAUJK

My 2009 does this as well... Ive been wondering what it was, and checked and checked everything and couldnt find anything soo I went with the age old strategy of if you cant find the problem if it is a problem itll get worse to the point where you can find it. But sounds like its not a big deal??

Top Bottom