Aev Procal v Superchips Flashcal 3570

defCon5

Happy Friday Morning!

I will be purchasing a programmer in the next few days and wanted to know if any of you have any experience with he Superchips Flashcal 3570. I have heard nothing but positive reviews for the AEV unit but am drawn to the Superchips programmer because it is able to be updated via internet download in the future should new features become available.
My main reasons for purchasing a programmer will be:
-tire size/speedo calibration
-regear calibration once the 4.56s are installed
-drls
-Higher idle during winching

Both systems are capable of performing these tasks. Your input would be appreciated.

Boot me if I couldn't find the programmer thread...I could only find one mention of the Flashcal in existence.

Thanks for your help!!👍🍻😜

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
i have the AEV and i like it. only used it for tire size as of now but it was easy and simple to use. took me 2 mins to figure it out and reprogame the comp for the tires. i would go with the AEV :twocents:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I own and have been quite happy with my AEV ProCal's and at the time I got them, you simply couldn't beat the price or the fact that they did so much. I have not tried the new Superchips Flashcal but see that it does come with more options, has a screen to help make adjustments easier, can read DTC codes and is still only $150. If I were in the market for something today, I probably would give the later a try.

munstie

I'm running the flashcal happy with it so far, the screen makes it easy to navigate thru the options.

2011 JKU 3.5 R.E. Longarm lift.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I run the procal and am happy with the results thus far. 10frank9 is getting the flashcal I believe.

I would get the flashcal I've the procal for the simple reason that it runs the codes.

defCon5

Thanks for your input guys. I will get the Superchip programmer and give feedback once I've used it a few times. 👌👍

MNMudder

For those who have the Flashcal...... Does the update with the offroad TPMS settings allow you to completely turn off the system? (zero it out) I have a Procal now for my 12' and I am thinking of trying out the Flashcal for my 13' but I want to make sure I can eliminate the light and ding like I can with the Procal.

Aeraun

I have the Procal and so far have only used it for changing the tire size on my '12 JKU. Now I Don't know how the superchips one is for comparison but the procal is extremely easy to use. Took me a few minutes to set it up, of course with double checking. I also thought it may take a bit to actually change the settings and all but it literally took about 3 seconds after plugging it in and I've had no issues with it. Granted a navigation screen does sound better than a bunch of tiny switches on the back, and I can see your interest in the future downloads. Since they are in same price range I'd try the superchips. Either way I'm sure you are getting a quality product.

defCon5

For those who have the Flashcal...... Does the update with the offroad TPMS settings allow you to completely turn off the system? (zero it out) I have a Procal now for my 12' and I am thinking of trying out the Flashcal for my 13' but I want to make sure I can eliminate the light and ding like I can with the Procal.

The Flashcal enables you to set a minimum threshold of 10 psi and a max of 75 psi. I reset my min to 25 psi and am running 28 psi on road without any issues.
To answer your question directly, no you cannot turn the system off altogether.
Hope this helps!

I have the flashcal. It was cheaper than aev and has a screen with updatable capabilities as you stated. Works good for me!

MNMudder

I'm a little confused. I've got the Flashcal, not the Procal.

I have a procal now. I was gonna try out the flashcal on my second rig. With my procal I can zero out the pressure (thus basically disabling the system). I didn't bother transferring the sensors to my new wheels, so by being able to set the pressure to zero I don't have any annoying warning lights or beeps. I wanted to know if the flashcal would allow me to do the same. If it will I will give it a try, otherwise I will just get another procal.

defCon5

I have a procal now. I was gonna try out the flashcal on my second rig. With my procal I can zero out the pressure (thus basically disabling the system). I didn't bother transferring the sensors to my new wheels, so by being able to set the pressure to zero I don't have any annoying warning lights or beeps. I wanted to know if the flashcal would allow me to do the same. If it will I will give it a try, otherwise I will just get another procal.

Gotcha. I didn't catch the no sensor part.

defCon5

Ok. I'm a week and a half since programming my tire size with the Flashcal (as well as drl fogs just for fun) and WOW. What a difference it has made in performance and fuel economy. Well worth the cost!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Ok. I'm a week and a half since programming my tire size with the Flashcal (as well as drl fogs just for fun) and WOW. What a difference it has made in performance and fuel economy. Well worth the cost!

I wish I had the flashcal instead of the procal. Glad to hear your happy with it!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Being that these are now available for 2012-up, I might have to pick one up and give it a try.

MNMudder

Went ahead and ordered the flashcal after talking with tech support. Tech assured me over the phone that I would be able to completely turn off the tpms system. Should arrive Monday.....we'll see.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Went ahead and ordered the flashcal after talking with tech support. Tech assured me over the phone that I would be able to completely turn off the tpms system. Should arrive Monday.....we'll see.

I've run their Flashpaq in the past and it was able to completely turn off my TPMS so I'd imagine that the Flashcal would too.

munstie

You can turn the tpms off completely but you have to link it to the Jeep then you can download the free offroad update which will let you turn it off.

2011 JKU 3.5 R.E. Longarm lift.

Top Bottom