35" tires with no gussets

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
as long as your not wheeling i would say so but try and get it done asap. im no expert tho so dont take my complete word on it

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Driving around town, sure. Wheeling or hitting big dips or pot holes, you'll most likely bend a c.

rinkishjk

Well u could bend the C by hitting a pot hole coupled with the added leverage from the large tires, so yeah I would get em done sooner than later.
To bad jeep can't offer gussets as a factory option. They should, it would prob save them money in the long run.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I have been running without c gussets for about two months now and have wheeled it a handful of times. Haven't checked to see how they are with anything besides my eye but they don't look too bad. I would get them though.

JK12

If I only do broken arrow do you think I should be fine? I know you've ran it before and I was wonder if it would be fine. Cause the EVO gussets don't work with the AEV brackets

FeltsYouUp

How much should it cost to get these and some LCA skids welded in? I'm sure it would vary from shop to shop, but I wanna make sure I don't get screwed over when the time comes.

LIKEITHIGH

most welders charge around 30 dollars for a half hour of welding. but when i broke my rear trackbar braket off the rear axle i had a professional welder weld it back for me. it took him bout 45 mins. cost me 30 dollars but bout 4 weeks later it broke off again, granted im hitting big ruts and mud alot. anyways i paid another welder a 100 $ to weld it back and add steel braces to support it more. needless to say it broke off again a week later. so i said to hell with it went to harbour freight tools bought a 170 amp fluxcore wire fed welder and a welders mask and welded it back myself, ( after practicing welding on otherthings at first for about a week before attempting to weld on my jeep as this would be the first welder i have ever owned ) . but that was about 7 months ago and my welds are holding up great and i wheel my jeep alot.i havent put the gussets on my jeep yet and im planning too just havent got time to yet, but as far as i can see with my eyes they dont look bent and ive had 35s on mine for about 6 months. the welder , mask ,and wire cost me under 200 $ , and ive custom welded steel plates to the front of my jeep for a custom winch plate for my winch to sit on. if ur mechanically inclined even just a little i think u can weld it urself. thats the way i felt and been welding anything and everything on my jeep and friends jeeps with no problems at all ever since. but i guess that depends on how much $ u r willing to spend and how often ur willing to spend it on things like gussets . when i realized how many different parts would need to be welded on if broken or added, paying someone 2 times for it to come off again each time was enough for me. because no matter how good or how long most people have been doing trades such as welding they r not going to take the extra time and care as u would in doing the job, cause its not there jeep. even if u have only welded a few times before. but its up to u . worked good for me good luck.

jeeeep

Hooked
I've been running my 35's for over a year and so far so good, guess it depends on how hard you are on it - I wheel it but didn't do a lot of rocks until recent. nothing bent yet but gusseting this weekend.

FadedLineVigil

It's all about how you wheel. If you take it slow, pick your lines, stay off big rocks and are easy on the gas, you'll likely be fine. Ran heavy Toyo 35s for a year and a half and now MTR 37s for 8 months all with no issues on a stock D30.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Have you actually taken your jeep to an alignment shop to verify your camber is still on or are you just eyeballing it?

JK12

Have you actually taken your jeep to an alignment shop to verify your camber is still on or are you just eyeballing it?

I know its a little off topic but I have a problem with my track bar bracket and the EVO gussets I need to find one that can be used together. Do you know of any that do? And the one I have now is included with the AEV flip kit

silverbackjk

I know its a little off topic but I have a problem with my track bar bracket and the EVO gussets I need to find one that can be used together. Do you know of any that do? And the one I have now is included with the AEV flip kit

What is the problem? Does the bracket contact the gusset?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JK12

What is the problem? Does the bracket contact the gusset?

Yea its in to way of the gusset from being fully seated where it needs to be. The AEV bracket has a piece of it that wraps around the axle tube half way and its on the left side of the spring mount. I'll try a get a picture of it in a little

silverbackjk

Yea its in to way of the gusset from being fully seated where it needs to be. The AEV bracket has a piece of it that wraps around the axle tube half way and its on the left side of the spring mount. I'll try a get a picture of it in a little

I know teraflex makes some that are much smaller then the Evo ones. I don't know how they work tho.

Top Bottom