new jeep, looking for upgrades.

jeepsareEPIC

this is going to be my first jeep and i DEFINITELY want to upgrade it, i mean its a jeep! haha i've been looking around quadratec for parts and stuff and there is SO much to choose from! i don't really know the companies all that well so I'm really just wondering what companies are good and what products i should get from these. like i definitely wanna get new tires, i was looking at the goodyear wrangler MT/R tires with kevlar, and then i wanna find some good looking and strong rims for them too! and i definitely wanna get a lift and suspension kits...but there are SO many i don't know which ones are worth getting! I've seen good things about teraflex, mopar, AEV and then off-road evolution as well. and then the front and rear bumpers i definitely wanna get, I'm looking at the AEV front bumper with the warn winch with the built in air compressor. but for the back bumper i was looking at the AEV set-up with the bumper and tire rack i thought that was interesting but then i saw the garvin back bumper set-up and that just looked it had so many more features on it!

now I am a poor college student right now so OBVIOUSLY i won't be able to get all these goodies at one time but once i get my wrangler ill hopefully have about 2 to 3 thousand dollars left over in my savings account, so I'm just wondering what i should get done first! now i do plan on actually off-loading with this beast too...i mean when ya buy a rubicon its kinda mandatory to off-road, that is why we buy them right?! hahahahaha

Bullwinckle

Hooked
There are tons of great companies out there. I have dealt with and have heard great things about Off road evolution and Northridge4x4 both have great costumer service and awesome products. If your looking for a good lift but lower in price I would go with Full traction. :thumb:

jeepsareEPIC

and you gotta buy a jeep before you can even get the parts...so idk why your hating! were all jeep lovers man, doesn't matter if its some rich guy or someone who works their A$$ off to pay for EVERY PENNY of their jeep (thats me)! thats why i don't have one yet cuz I don't have enough money saved up! and when i plan to upgrade i'm gonna need more hard earned MONEY so i can build my jeep to my liking!!! i mean, i don't get why your hating, were all jeep lovers! so either way jeeps are always bought...unless you get it passed down from to you or given to you!!

Drumr90

jeepsareEPIC said:
and you gotta buy a jeep before you can even get the parts...so idk why your hating! were all jeep lovers man, doesn't matter if its some rich guy or someone who works their A$$ off to pay for EVERY PENNY of their jeep (thats me)! thats why i don't have one yet cuz I don't have enough money saved up! and when i plan to upgrade i'm gonna need more hard earned MONEY so i can build my jeep to my liking!!! i mean, i don't get why your hating, were all jeep lovers! so either way jeeps are always bought...unless you get it passed down from to you or given to you!!

I second that lol. You work ur butt off and youll appretiate what ya got.

jeepsareEPIC

thanks man, CANNOT wait to pick up my baby!!! haha I'm already calling it my baby and i don't even have one yet! haha

jeepsareEPIC

hey so i see people are looking at my thread but not reply? please, help me out guys!! that would be awesome!!!

Buddy22

Info

Go to www.project-jk.com and check out all the new products they have for jeeps. Scroll down and to the right you will see all the companies that make products for jeeps. You have poison spyder, rugged ridge, tera flex and ect. Check it out will help you out and see all the new bumpers, skid plates, rims, tires and others. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rock:

Ramasun

I too am new, bought a used '08 Rubicon early last year. The Rubicon had a LOT as standard, so I first worked on the front bumper, winch and lights. I went with the LOD mid width front bumper and the winch you are talking about, Warn power plant. It has the compressor built in. Those two were a big chunk of change. Then I worked on lights, going with KC Daylighters. 130 watts of LONG range light. They are really great.

Then I went with some armor upgrades, over front sway bar disconnect, oil pan and evap canister. The Rubi came stock with most other skid plates. I also put on front and rear Dynatrac differential covers.

Feel free to send me PM if you have questions.

GreyWolf

Bought my Rubi back in June 2011 and have enjoyed every moment of it. Have done several mods, but feel I've only touched the tip of the iceberg...
IMG_6028ab.jpg
Here she is brand new and stock

IMG_7001.jpg
Here she is with just a few mods.

Next week she goes in for her lift. I've decided to go with the Rock Krawler 2.5 Max Travel. This will allow me to go up to a 35" tire later (she currently has 33's)
The lift is also upgradeable.

Now she is lifted
IMG_0010.JPG
Rock Krawler 2.5 Max Travel

Enjoy....I sure am enjoying mine.

:rock:

Last edited:

jeepsareEPIC

wow...that thing is a BUTE!!!! and i'm actually looking into an all black (like yours) or a white one with black everything (tires, window tint, etc) they would both look INCREDIBLE but i just don't know which one i would like more. i think I'm leaning more towards the black one but will see what happens.

GreyWolf

wow...that thing is a BUTE!!!! and i'm actually looking into an all black (like yours) or a white one with black everything (tires, window tint, etc) they would both look INCREDIBLE but i just don't know which one i would like more. i think I'm leaning more towards the black one but will see what happens.

Thanks
I've named her the "Black Widow"

Yea, I was wanting to go with the Ocean Dark Blue, but the 2011 didn't come in the dark blue, just that smurf blue, but when I saw this black one on the lot it was love at first sight...lol
:rock:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
and then the front and rear bumpers i definitely wanna get, I'm looking at the AEV front bumper with the warn winch with the built in air compressor.

the aev front bumper is nice but, you cannot run the warn powerplant in it.

but for the back bumper i was looking at the AEV set-up with the bumper and tire rack i thought that was interesting but then i saw the garvin back bumper set-up and that just looked it had so many more features on it!

the garvin rear bumper will give you a lot more options and, if that's what's important to you, i might recommend you give LoD a look. i've run and still run their rear bumper tire carrier on my yellow JK and it gets the job done.

:yup:

thunder4315

hey, JeepsareEPIC...

I see you're in Madison, I just graduated from the UW last summer and bought my first JK (unfortunately I couldn't swing the rubi), which I'm slowly building up one piece at a time.

If you're lookin for somebody to do some wheeling with, especially any trips out west, let me know. I live in eastern Iowa at the moment, just a few hours south of Madison

Top Bottom