New plugs and wires! This should be fun.

JeepFan

Hooked
During last weekends run through Devil's Canyon I started to noticed an intermittent miss fire and electrical spark noise coming from the engine. Well, after 70000 miles I think it's time to replace the Gus and wires.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1367674914.976252.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Have fun!! The passenger side plugs can be a pain to reach unless you pull the fender liners. If you're willing, you should take pics and do a write-up :thumb:

JeepFan

Hooked
Have fun!! The passenger side plugs can be a pain to reach unless you pull the fender liners. If you're willing, you should take pics and do a write-up :thumb:

Thx! Fortunately I removed the fender liners a long time ago. I'll be sure to take lots of pics and document the work. Drivers side should be easy but not so much on the passengers side. Looks like I'm going to have to remove the PSC reservoir.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well that'll suck if you have to do that. Sure ain't like changing plugs on the ol' 4.0L :crazyeyes:

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
I'm not one to live in the past much, but I do miss the Dunkin that closed in my neighborhood about two months ago. Oh yeah, and easily accessible spark plugs. Enjoy your Saturday morning therapy.:thumb:
350.jpg

jeeeep

Hooked
It's' probably too late but ... tie some string between the old wires that go around and behind against the firewall onto the new wires and pull them through as you pull the old ones out - easy!

JeepFan

Hooked
Man you guys are too funny. Just finished the plugs and wires a little while ago. It wasn't too bad but replacing the wires on the passenger side is a bit of a challenge. I'll be posting a write up soon so please stay tuned.

Now it's time to rotate the tires. 37" Toyos on Atx slabs. Ugh!!!

Top Bottom