Clutch options

no1important

Thanks for the response who is the maker of the OE clutch. i keep hearing LUK might be the maker is there a way to get a kick for the original. possible options are

Centerforce Dual friction
Spec stage 2
LUK
AMC just normal Autozone Replacement.

the only thing that pushes me towards a spec is that im in this situation because the TOB is notoriously bad and i dont wunna do all this work just to find i swapped bad parts for more bad parts.

White_JKU

Back when I had a little ford ranger with a manual tranny.... I always purchased factory OEM style replacement clutches.

The other stuff is better for higher powered vehicles. We used to drag race semi-street legal hot rods back when I was younger and would install the "higher end" clutches like you mentioned in the first post.

Ben-0

I don't know, been running a factory clutch for over 100,000 miles. Works great.

Your factory has held up even with all the mods and wheeling you do? That's pretty impressive, I was wondering how it did while I was watching all the jkx YouTube videos the other day

Jeepmaverick

I run the spec. Factory clutch went out around 75k so I swapped it. I haven't had a single problem since install(knock on wood), broke in real nice and pretty quick.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Your factory has held up even with all the mods and wheeling you do? That's pretty impressive, I was wondering how it did while I was watching all the jkx YouTube videos the other day

Yup. In spite of all the wheeling we do and all the mods making our Jeep really heavy, it still held up just fine for over 100,000 miles. We only stopped using it because we ended up installing a new motor and transmission at the same time. But otherwise, I have little doubt that we could have kept it going for some time to come. For me, the OEM clutch did great.

no1important

Idk I might go to auto zone and get a new one if no matter how much you pay there are people with high dollar clutch with issues and OE replacement that survive with herculean strength

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ben-0

Yup. In spite of all the wheeling we do and all the mods making our Jeep really heavy, it still held up just fine for over 100,000 miles. We only stopped using it because we ended up installing a new motor and transmission at the same time. But otherwise, I have little doubt that we could have kept it going for some time to come. For me, the OEM clutch did great.

Ya that's pretty impressive, and def says something about that clutch

TheDuff

Spec is supposed to be top notch. I've had real good luck with clutch masters on previous vehicles, not sure if they make one for the jeep. Had a clutch masters with kevlar on my wrx, specifically because it can take some slippage w/o glazing over like an organic disk, plus outlasts ceramic while being a more civilized engagement... For the wife of course;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom