Problems removing A-pillar trim in order to install Synergy steel grab handles.

Jaydoc1

So my Synergy grab handles came in yesterday and I set out to install them this afternoon. Problem is, I've been stymied by the simple act of removing the A pillar trim. The A pillar trim is held in place by a pin type fastener as shown below.

image.jpg
image.jpg

As you can see from the picture, I've been able to do little more than just beat the heck out of the fastener. Unscrewing the center section with a Phillips screwdriver does nothing except spin the Phillips plastic screw in space. At no point does it become loose enough that you can remove it from the center of the pin fastener and then remove the entire pin fastener. The other problem I'm having is I haven't been able to even get a good purchase with a set of needle nose pliers in order to simply break the plastic and pull it out.

Does anyone have any ideas? I could've been completely done with the install by now if it wasn't for the silly pin fasteners.

JKbrick

Those are like the fasteners on the front factory "skid", I had to get the tip of my pocket knife behind the center and pry while turning it, then turn it without pushing to get it to unscrew. Back in there you may need to get a pick in it to pry it up

Patrick

I'd like to know how you get on. I bought the Quadratec grab handles which install in that bolt you can see in your picture, above the push pin. The hex head dropped into the cavity, doh so now I need to remove the entire trim in order to retrieve it. So be careful!

Why'd they make it so damn difficult??? :sigh:

Top Bottom