Traction control system question

TJM12

So I have finally got around to spending the money on a re-gearing of my JKU ( WOW! what a nice difference). I had installed Detroit truetracs as well during the regear. The guy I used does the work part time so we did the rear end first and everything went very smoothly. The following week we did the front, again everything went smoothly. As I drove it around after the front was done I noticed my traction control light coming on and chiming but I didnt feel anything happen, few minutes later it went off. The next day it went on and then off again and then back on, now it has been on for several days straight. The only thing I noticed was that my Jeep did pull to the left a bit after the regear of the front end. Could this be the truetracs causing the traction control to malfunction or something? Should I rotate my tires? Maybe alignment? Or should I just disable the system altogether? Any help or insight would be appreciated.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
All things being equal, have you made sure that your steering wheel is completely centered?

TJM12

All things being equal, have you made sure that your steering wheel is completely centered?

Ok, I think that is the problem, Thanks. After checking closely it appears slightly off, not by much but I guess it doesn't take much either? Hopefully re-centering it will take care of the issue.

Top Bottom