Tires... to many choices

NHAkita

I'm just starting the new Jeep addiction and have added the little stuff, now for the first big $$$ items. Wheel and tire selection has come a long way since the early 90's when Cepek was the only choice. My plan is back roads of NH so no big rocks but plenty of mud and logging roads. I don't think I am going to lift it yet (three weeks old, the warranty shouldn't be voided for the first 6 month :D) So I'm looking at Nitto Terra Grappler 265/70/17's still undecided on wheels.
Any good, bad or indifferent on these.... and wheels? Also do you run the TPI in yours? It seems like a distraction if you air down often to have the idiot light looking at you.
Thanks,
Paul

Iron_Cross2

With not a lot of rocks on your trails, your wheel choices are really opened up. I have ran the D!ck Cepek DC2's before and loved them. I have spyderlocks right now, but I travel on the rocks. Tire choice is really a personal thing. I run the wrangler kevlars and they have worked great for me in mud, snow, and rocks.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
the nitto terra grapplers are great tires and i would definitely recommend them for your purposes :yup:

Top Bottom