Steering wobble while braking

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
I have been getting a wobble when I brake. It only seems to do it under mild braking, if I'm braking hard it stops without it or if I'm going slow say under 30it doesn't do it. I've already checked my tire balance, re tourqed the suspension.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
My sister-in-law had the very same problem on her 4wd Tacoma. I drove it and it acted exactly as you describe. Turned out to be a slightly warped front disc. She changed both front discs and no worries since. Good luck!:twocents:

RockyJk

Yup sounds like rotors you might be able to get em resurfaced and not spend alot of money on new rotors :thumbup:

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Yup sounds like rotors you might be able to get em resurfaced and not spend alot of money on new rotors :thumbup:

You're on the money. Turning the rotors usually fixes the problem without requiring your banker to be present. They took it to the dealer and got hosed.:yup:

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
Sound great guys thanks for the advice would a warped rotor affect the pads, should I replace them ?

jeeeep

Hooked
I would replace both sides, unless they are worn enough then I would replace all 4 but that's just me.

Top Bottom