Another lift question!

GratefulDead

I have a two door JK Wrangler with 285/75/16 on stock wheels and a Teraflex leveling kit, I have decided to go with the Teraflex 2.5 coil lift with the shock adapters. When i went to order the lift i noticed it said would not work with stock wheels...... is this true? I thought that the swaybar links were the same size as the ones with the leveling kit....Just curious if i should just get spacers to resolve this issue or new wheels with the correct backspacing, or will this work with what i have. Thanks!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The problem is that with a taller lift, your rear sway bar link ends will be positioned right next to your rear tire sidewalls. Depending on how wide the are, they may even dig into them even if you reverse the links. 1.5" wheel spacers or new wheels with less back spacing are highly recommend.

GratefulDead

Ok so its the rear sway bar links that will be in the way... i just looked under the jeep and i see where it would rub with longer sway bar links. Well, i guess its time to get those new wheels ive always wanted... lol! Thanks for the quick response! Bye the way hello to everyone! Just came over from Jk- Forum

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ok so its the rear sway bar links that will be in the way... i just looked under the jeep and i see where it would rub with longer sway bar links. Well, i guess its time to get those new wheels ive always wanted... lol! Thanks for the quick response! Bye the way hello to everyone! Just came over from Jk- Forum

LOL!! Welcome to WAYALIFE, it's good to have you here. Please let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with :yup:

Top Bottom