A Father/Son build to an expedition vehicle! Progress thread

Hadath123

Welcome to my Progress Thread

Here is a little bit of back round about myself and my dad.
First of all, my name is Eddie Hadath, I am 16. And my dad's name is Wayne Hadath, he is currently 58. I am a very out doors motivated person, and i'v been one to ATV ever since I was 5 years old, my dad decided as I turned 16 it was time for us to well, upgrade. It was either about 650CC Atv's or a jeep. Well, seeing the price of atvs, and my cousins massive pathfinder offroad, it was a clear option on what I wanted. I could get a 2007-2010 4 door JK wrangler for 20,000 or buy 2 medium sized atvs, that you cannot carry any gear for about 32,000 to 35,000 in all.

So on April 3rd, the 2007 Black 4 door Jk wrangler was purchased.

We took it right to the airport, and put it on our lift. With no wasted time, we drove home and opened the wallet!
We bought 4.5 inch long arm lift kit from clayton offroad
Front Diff Lockers from Lokka
Rear Diff Lockers from Lokka
A snorkel kit from Rugged Ridge? (amazon)
We got custom rings made for our Bead locks.
5x IROK 36X13.5x15 Radial tires.
5x 15x10 with 3.75 BS Black steel rims.
Front Fenders from "Staangs Fab"
Skid Plates from "Staangs Fab"
Front Bumber from "Staangs Fab"
Rear Bumber from "Staangs Fab"
11000LBs synthetic Runva winch
Steering Kit from "Staangs Fab"

I am probably missing some, but if you think we need any additions, please comment below!

So our progress!

So our new tires came in
newtires.jpg

So today, we finished the welding of the bead lock rings, and decided to install the tires.
I got the back one, installed. With almost an hour per tire, it takes a while. The custom bead locks, rims, and tire weighs 124 lbs per unit.
We got our rings laser cut, 14 (Cousin wanted some) for 300 dollars. It really is amazing how accurate laser cutting is.

newtireon.jpg

So my cousins came down to help put on our bush whacker fenders..
Long story short, it took us 4 hours to install 1 left side fender. Everything went wrong.
We also bought spartan rear lockers we need to install!
frontleftfender.jpg

So here is a recent picture, of our rig!
fenderson.jpg

I will edit this, as I go get more pictures, and keep you updated as parts come in from shipping:)
Nice meeting you guys.

Does anyone know a good roof basket for the 4doors JKs?

Last edited:

TrailBear

Looks great, a very good father son project! I hope to do the same with my son.

If you don't push the limits how do you find them??

jeepgreenjon

Subscribed! Doing projects like this will definitely help when it comes time to go to trade school, I know they helped me! Looking forward to more pictures of your build! :clap2:

Hadath123

Just ordered, different fenders, decided that the staangs fab fenders will take to long.
Does anyone know where to get a roof rack for the JK?

Christarp

I'm a big fan of the gobi stealth roof rack, and the AEV basket thing, but I'm not comfortable drilling into my top for that, and I think it would make taking the back piece of the top off that much more difficult.

Top Bottom