Drive Shaft Troubles

shaunepaul

The names Shaun and I drive a 2 door auto and im currently trying to get a 4 inch long arm kit for the jeep. Im curious what to look for in a drive shaft. I am not sure if there is differences and since im new to this I need some pointers.
Any help is appreciated thanks.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Being that you have a 2-door, you'll definitely need to replace your rear shaft and depending on how big of a tire you're hoping to run with your long arm kit, I might recommend that you get a 1350 double cardan u-joint style shaft. If you have an 07-11 JK with a manual transmission, you can probably get by with your front shaft for a while. However, if you have an automatic or a 2012-up, you will need to replace your front shaft as well.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Like WOL suggested you should look at a 1350 rear shaft. JE Reel makes great Shafts with Made in the USA Neapco U-Joints. Just a suggestion, though there are many out there to choose from.

Yup, what he said, JE Reel is what I would go with and, if you have an automatic transmission, you need to get one up front too.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Could I lift the jeep and drive or would I need the drive shafts first

You could lift and drive but you'll damage your front drive shaft the first time you articulate your front axle if you have an automatic. Do you have an automatic? In the rear, you can make it work for a while but it will fail sooner than later.

Top Bottom