noise!!!

Angus

so i recently put in a 3" lift and my jeeps making some weird creeking noise when im turning. it seems like it might possibly be my track bar. it is an adjustable one that came with the kit and the ends are all metal on metal with no way to grease them. could this be my issue or has anyone had a similar experience?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds likely. What kit did you get? Did you make sure to tighten the bolts to 125 ft. lbs. of torque? If not, the track bar is probably shifting around.

Angus

its a revtech kit. nothing seems to have play. i guess i would say the noise happens with a little flex. im also wondering if maybe its my upper control arms. they are stock and i've replaced the lower ones with rough country x-flex arms.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Your upper arms will not make any noise but your new lowers can if the bushings aren't greased well enough.

Can you reproduce the sounds in your driveway either by having someone rock your Jeep back and forth or jacking up one side? If so, have someone help you do that and, while it's making the noise, put your had on things like your track bar, shocks, control arms, etc. Whatever is vibrating is the source of your noise.

Angus

i greased em up pretty good and ive tried taking out my stabilizer, disconecting my swaybar, rocking the jeep back n forth, and turning my wheel. idk i guess i'll have to keep tryin. im wondering if i'll end up replacing the track bar. that seems to be the problem so far but not sure.

munstie

I dealt with pretty much the same problems you are describing, and it was ultimately the the trackbar. You definitely want to make sure it is tourqed to 125 ft.lbs.

2011 JKU 3.5 R.E. Longarm lift.

Top Bottom