New builds!

dahoover5866

I wanna start a thread to define what constitutes a build. Does a build mean u did it urself like I think it does, or does it mean u drop the cash and drop it off somewhere and drop some more cash to get it done, because to me that's bought, not built. What are ur thoughts?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
in my opinion it could be both. yes it is bought but some of us (i include myself in this) dont have the skills, tools, or maybe even time to do it themselfs. :twocents:

JK1

hmmm never thought of it that way but on the other hand i have done it all myself or with some help from new friend i have met on here....but some people are better off taking it somewhere because they dont have the time, or the skills, or maybe the place... either way the jeep gets built and someone did it.. sometimes i wish i had the money to just drop it off at ORE and pick it up done cuz i know its done right :thumb:

just my :twocents:

FoxC

Does it really matter...:idontknow: Some like turning a wrench and some dont. Some like to pay and feel good knowing a professional has done the work and some like to stand back and say "I did that". We all like to wheel though;)

MTG

Caught the Bug
Does it really matter...:idontknow: Some like turning a wrench and some dont. Some like to pay and feel good knowing a professional has done the work and some like to stand back and say "I did that". We all like to wheel though;)

^^This! :thumb:

Oh, but I'll add...if you're a DB you're a DB whether you built or bought your rig. :yup: :cheesy:

Edit: to clarify I'm not calling anyone a DB, I'm just saying I don't really care whether someone builds or buys their jeep. Now whether DB status is more closely correlated to one or the other is a topic of another thread. :crazyeyes:

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
^^This! :thumb:

Oh, but I'll add...if you're a DB you're a DB whether you built or bought your rig. :yup: :cheesy:

Edit: to clarify I'm not calling anyone a DB, I'm just saying I don't really care whether someone builds or buys their jeep. Now whether DB status is more closely correlated to one or the other is a topic of another thread. :crazyeyes:

:cheesy::cheesy:

Deja vu.

xflstl

I think most builds are a combo of both. I do what I can to my Jeep myself, and pay a professional to do what I cannot or don't have time too.

I wanna start a thread to define what constitutes a build. Does a build mean u did it urself like I think it does, or does it mean u drop the cash and drop it off somewhere and drop some more cash to get it done, because to me that's bought, not built. What are ur thoughts?

Welded myself

So what you really wanted to do is start a thread to post the same picture AGAIN and brag about being balls deep in your bracketry welding! You can weld! Congratulations! :shakinghead:

I agree with everyone above, other than the OP, a build is a build, no qualifictions needed. Whether you pay to have brackets welded on or do it yourself, it's still a build.

Like FoxC said, the important part is we all like to wheel!:thumb:

dahoover5866

So what you really wanted to do is start a thread to post the same picture AGAIN and brag about being balls deep in your bracketry welding! You can weld! Congratulations! :shakinghead:

I agree with everyone above, other than the OP, a build is a build, no qualifictions needed. Whether you pay to have brackets welded on or do it yourself, it's still a build.

Like FoxC said, the important part is we all like to wheel!:thumb:

Negative, I wasn't trying to brag I don't weld that good and I work for three companies at the same time don't really have time to work on my rig like I want to. the point I was making is for something u love u make time, just the same as u make time to go wheeling and enjoy ur work :shakinghead:

The whole thread is opinion based, nobody's wrong...

GCM 2

Aren't you just bolting or welding things onto your rig.... are you really building anything? Maybe the definition for either of your categories is "installed" or had someone "install".

Guys that build and own tube buggies are much closer to being consider a "builder" or owning a "built" rig than any of us "hardcore, Internet, wheelers" :cheesy:

dahoover5866

Aren't you just bolting or welding things onto your rig.... are you really building anything? Maybe the definition for either of your categories is "installed" or had someone "install".

Guys that build and own tube buggies are much closer to being consider a "builder" or owning a "built" rig than any of us "hardcore, Internet, wheelers" :cheesy:

Touché lol

WhiteDynamite

Very true! I look at my Jeep as the grown-up version of a bad-ass Lego set. I buy a cooler or stronger part, I just snap that shit on.

GCM 2

Touché lol

;)

Very true! I look at my Jeep as the grown-up version of a bad-ass Lego set. I buy a cooler or stronger part, I just snap that shit on.

....and there is nothing wrong with that. But learning to to do more and more on your own rig is what it's ultimately all about. I truly think the best people out there are honest enough to say they know their limits and may not have the talent and capacity to do the work themselves. Hell, if I could TIG weld I would work in a race shop building car frames or high end custom bicycle frames. That is art! I know most of my limits and this allows me to do damage control on my wrench turning.

Top Bottom