Teraflex quick disconnects vs JKS

Marauder

It may have been discussed already but I need some advice on this matter. I am stock at the moment with a 2 inch lift in the future. I like the Teraflex discos because they lockup in a out of the way manner. The JKS discos look beefier. Thoughts? Experiences?

matt1171

It may have been discussed already but I need some advice on this matter. I am stock at the moment with a 2 inch lift in the future. I like the Teraflex discos because they lockup in a out of the way manner. The JKS discos look beefier. Thoughts? Experiences?

I have the teraflex quick discos and have been very happy with them. My only issue was the bushings were really tight and I had to use a wrench to pry the disconnects off - not exactly quick. After taking a dremel to it and opening up the bushings a little, now they are perfect and I love them.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I would say JKS and then you can prob get or even make your own mounts like the teraflex has.

Sent from my iPhone

10frank9

Web Wheeler
JKS are well made and greasable. Don't have experience with Teraflex, but with my previous discos I zip tied them up on the trail. Not a big deal. Just all a matter of what your comfortable doing. Never heard of any discos being crap, but that's just me.

Marauder

Aw just look for a rubicon electric disco that doesn't work, but it, install it and put the EVO manual disco button. I've seen them for sale but they aren't as economical as JKS or TF links

Thanks for the idea buddy but I think is a little out of my price range. Btw my ORF bumper should be on by the end of the weekend.

jacked my own thread (headshake)

Last edited:

dgriz

If it matters, I'm pretty sure all the JKS stuff is made in the USA. Teraflex... you might want to check...
:usa:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've run both as well as others. What I can tell you is that depending on the size of your tires and the amount of backspacing you have, storing your links like the TF ones do can act as a point where your tires hit when at a full flex and turning. I have seen first hand where this can lead to tire damage and because of it, would personally NOT recommend using them. As far as quality goes, the JKS links are made in the USA, are adjustable and flat out made better. At least, in my opinion anyway.

Marauder

Thanks for the objective input Eddie. That's what I was looking for. DGriz it does matter. Im buying JKS. I will always shop American if possible.

JHP81

I've had teraflex and it's garbage. Bushings are so tight, they're not "quick" by all means. Yea, you can modify it to fit better, but why would u pay all that money and end up modifying it to make it work?

JKS discos

I'm using the JKS quick discos, Very Well Made and I'm very pleased with them. I just make sure to keep them greased.

Bacon

I've never had TF discos, but I've had JKS on two of my Jeeps. Good quality stuff that I will buy and install again.

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
I've only had experience with the TF discos. They get the job done, but I'm not a big fan of them. The pins on the lower axle mount stick out a bit. On my first outing with them a rock knocked one loose and it eventually came off on the trail. I wasn't able to connect the link afterwards making the drive home a bit challenging in high winds. Also, the hitch pins got knocked loose a lot so I had to carry around a bunch of spares. Reconnecting the links was always a challenge b/c jeep has to be completely level. I finally just purchased a used rubi swaybay with broken electronics and went with the EVO no limits manual disconnect. I've been very happy with this set up. Total cost for set up was around $250.

Top Bottom