Well that was weird...

JK'AJUN

I just went to the store quickly, I turned off the Jeep and took the key with me, but I didn't turn off my headlights. I was in there for less than 2 minutes. When I came out, I got in the Jeep, turned the key, and it turned over... Problem was, it kept turning over. The key was turned all the way like it would have been running, but it just kept turning over (sounded machine gun-ish). So I shut it off, turned off the headlights and tried again and it started up with no problems. What the hell was that?

It wasn't the same clicking like when a battery is dead, the Jeep was running, it just kept turning over. Weird. :dont_know:

Philip *AZ*

Banned
Mine does it sometimes, I just let it go. The jeep will start and the turning over will stop.

Paratroopers Stay Up Longer!

JK'AJUN

My hand wasn't even on the key... The Jeep was running but it made the noise like I was still trying to start it.

Philip *AZ*

Banned
Yep, mine will ocassionally do the same thing. I know exactly what youre talkin about. Im not exactly sure why it does it, but I havent run into any issues. Its done it maybe 2-3 times in the year that Ive owned it. The first time wigged me out too..lol

Philip *AZ*

Banned
It could be some type of fuel issue too. Im not too worried about mine, its only done it that few times.. Im sure there is someone else here that has had it happen and can help you out better.

jeeeep

Hooked
I've had that happen a few times, took it to the dealer the first time it happened (less than 2000 miles), of course couldn't repeat it and they'd never heard about it happening (yea right).

Christarp

That's tip start. It's a feature in the JKs

I've only really had it happen once, but mine for some reason just didn't want to fire up right away.

Tip start basically means you just tip your key to the start position and it will engage the starter, you can then immediately return the key to 'on', so you don't need to hold it in start to keep the starter going. When it fires up it'll detect it automatically and shut off the starter. If it doesn't fire immediately then it'll continue to run the starter for 10 seconds attempting to start it.

Basically you just tip the key until the starter starts and the jeep will do the rest of the starting for you.

Augichef

That's tip start. It's a feature in the JKs

I've only really had it happen once, but mine for some reason just didn't want to fire up right away.

Tip start basically means you just tip your key to the start position and it will engage the starter, you can then immediately return the key to 'on', so you don't need to hold it in start to keep the starter going. When it fires up it'll detect it automatically and shut off the starter. If it doesn't fire immediately then it'll continue to run the starter for 10 seconds attempting to start it.

Basically you just tip the key until the starter starts and the jeep will do the rest of the starting for you.

Never heard of that..

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom