Metalcloak, PS, Evo, fender opinions please

RedFox

I have a bunch of goodies on the way and the next part of the build is front fenders. I was wondering what are people's opinions on the metalcloak over line front fenders.
My setup will include (parts are on their way) evo builder no flare corners, evo carrier, d rings, rocker panel skins, and sliders.
I think the metalcloaks nice, but am trying to decide between metalcloak, poison spyder narrow flares, and evo narrow flares. Anyone have experience with metalcloaks?
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1368261841.008349.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1368261856.670400.jpg

Last edited:

StrizzyChris

I know frank has them and likes them, but any aftermarket fenders cost too much IMHO. I would and did cut the factory flares for clearance and don't plan to use flares for armor. Maybe one day I, and my hood/front 1/4 panel, will have a change of heart lol.

Sent from a migrant connectivity device

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I kind of like the look of them but I think they fit a TJ better then a JK. I prefer the flares like GCM2's for sake of saving the body panels in case of a flop. I saw his rig shortly after his flop and there was barely any damage to it.

Lane87

I like the look of the metalcloak ones but I don't think they will really fit in with the look of the other stuff you're getting.. just my :twocents:

RedFox

True, the evo fenders look awesome, but very pricey. I wasn't planning on running the second extended portion of the metalcloak fenders. I'm going for the narrow flare look but until I do some panel damage, I'm not looking to add fenders that cost $1000.00. I'm thinking the PSC narrow flares might go better with my set up than the metal cloaks?

RedFox

I kind of like the look of them but I think they fit a TJ better then a JK. I prefer the flares like GCM2's for sake of saving the body panels in case of a flop. I saw his rig shortly after his flop and there was barely any damage to it.

I saw the pictures of GCMs jk after the flop and I was very impressed!

RedFox

I saw the pictures of GCMs jk after the flop and I was very impressed! And I gotta say, they would look nice, but Pricey!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
With the exception of the evo fenders that are attached to body armor, I personally wouldn't recommend any tube fender unless you just want it for looks. I have seen tube and even hard plastic fenders do more body damage than anything.

ssh6314

I have a bunch of goodies on the way and the next part of the build is front fenders. I was wondering what are people's opinions on the metalcloak over line front fenders.
My setup will include (parts are on their way) evo builder no flare corners, evo carrier, d rings, rocker panel skins, and sliders.
I think the metalcloaks nice, but am trying to decide between metalcloak, poison spyder narrow flares, and evo narrow flares. Anyone have experience with metalcloaks?
View attachment 29435 View attachment 29436

Why not just trim your stocks with the wayalife writeup? Easy to do. And I've watched Eddie rip them off a few times in videos, they just break the clips and tear off. And go right back on.

Sent from my EVO-3d using WAYALIFE app.

GCM 2

With the exception of the evo fenders that are attached to body armor, I personally wouldn't recommend any tube fender unless you just want it for looks. I have seen tube and even hard plastic fenders do more body damage than anything.

As Wayoflife states above, the tube flares can cause more damage in some cases. Do not use my EVO armor as the example of a metal fender flare, what I run is more of a quarter panel that has a small flare added to it. Therefore in the event of a flop or rollover, my armor has the ability to spread the force of impact over a much greater surface area than just a bolted on metal tube or strip, which will concentrate the impact into a very narrow distribution zone and cause possibly lots more damage.

If you are simply going for looks and being legal vs. truly functional armor/protection; Poison Spider wins my vote, probably the best looking bolt on metal flare available.

Also realize that all these metal options you have listed will add a serious amount of weight vs the stock cut down flares.

RedFox

As Wayoflife states above, the tube flares can cause more damage in some cases. Do not use my EVO armor as the example of a metal fender flare, what I run is more of a quarter panel that has a small flare added to it. Therefore in the event of a flop or rollover, my armor has the ability to spread the force of impact over a much greater surface area than just a bolted on metal tube or strip, which will concentrate the impact into a very narrow distribution zone and cause possibly lots more damage.

If you are simply going for looks and being legal vs. truly functional armor/protection; Poison Spider wins my vote, probably the best looking bolt on metal flare available.

Also realize that all these metal options you have listed will add a serious amount of weight vs the stock cut down flares.

Very good point, I hadn't taken into account the extra weight ill be adding to the front on top of the extra armor I'm already adding.
I'm thinking im gonna stick to the cut flares instead, and go with the evo panels when I swap in a hemi, that way ill have the extra power to push the extra weight around. Instead of buying one set of flares and ending up with evo panels after some body damage, I prefer to wait to add the evo panels when I have the extra cash. Do it right the first time right?
By the way GCM, your JK still have the 3.8 in it?

Last edited:
Why not just trim your stocks with the wayalife writeup? Easy to do. And I've watched Eddie rip them off a few times in videos, they just break the clips and tear off. And go right back on.

Sent from my EVO-3d using WAYALIFE app.

this is very true, i hit mine this past weekend on the passenger side rear and it just broke the clips and flopped around, very cheap and easy to repair, cut fenders are the way to go ,just my :twocents:

Top Bottom